noob question.. remove email ?

cybermaniak

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys.. I feel very dummy lol but I can?t figure out how to remove the principal gmail account from my Optimus. I?m giving this phone to my brother and already setup his account but mine is not posible to remove ! any clue on how to do it ? when trying to remove it, it says that it need to be done thru a factory reset.. but on IHO due to bricking problems I think that option was removed...

I?m running Backside-IHO latest build..

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
heres what you do.

Download harmonia rom. the 2.2 version. put it on your SD card, flash it, boot in, and activate the phone for your brother through virgins website. I say this becuase if you give it to him with IHO, he CANNOT use it. you WILL have to do this either way. get it over with.

after its activated with a new number for him, go download the latest IHO rom of your choice, and Gapps, flash them, and have him sign into his gmail and set up the rom how he likes.

do NOt give the phone away without putting a 2.2 rom on it, as whoever gets it will NOt be able to activate it or put another number on it, it WILL be useless.

if it sounds like im really emphasizing this, its becuase you'd be a horrible sibling to give your brother a phone he cant even activate. just do it for him.

hfsdude007

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have a good thread for complete instructions on romming an optimus v? Ive tried to do it a few times, but I think I keep messing up because its too confusing. "here are instructions, but to do this go to this link>' "instructions to do this so you can go back to the oringinal list of instructions". ugh... I need it all in one place, or some live help. i would like to do a skype call or something.

cybermaniak

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
heres what you do.

Download harmonia rom. the 2.2 version. put it on your SD card, flash it, boot in, and activate the phone for your brother through virgins website. I say this becuase if you give it to him with IHO, he CANNOT use it. you WILL have to do this either way. get it over with.

after its activated with a new number for him, go download the latest IHO rom of your choice, and Gapps, flash them, and have him sign into his gmail and set up the rom how he likes.

do NOt give the phone away without putting a 2.2 rom on it, as whoever gets it will NOt be able to activate it or put another number on it, it WILL be useless.

if it sounds like im really emphasizing this, its becuase you'd be a horrible sibling to give your brother a phone he cant even activate. just do it for him.

Thanks.. well the phone is not running on virgin service anymore so there is not a problem about activating, it?s already activated with a new phone number on Iusacell (Mexican carrier)

So the short answer will be flash another rom and then reflash IHO ? that was something I was trying to avoid. but if that is the only way, guess I will not have another option lol.

cybermaniak

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have a good thread for complete instructions on romming an optimus v? Ive tried to do it a few times, but I think I keep messing up because its too confusing. "here are instructions, but to do this go to this link>' "instructions to do this so you can go back to the oringinal list of instructions". ugh... I need it all in one place, or some live help. i would like to do a skype call or something.

To gain root access on the V is very easy.. just follow this thread http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...-how-simplified-root-recovery-custom-rom.html

I also suggest to load a custom recovery img..

Cheers

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.. well the phone is not running on virgin service anymore so there is not a problem about activating, it?s already activated with a new phone number on Iusacell (Mexican carrier)

So the short answer will be flash another rom and then reflash IHO ? that was something I was trying to avoid. but if that is the only way, guess I will not have another option lol.

ok, well thats really good. saves you a lot of trouble.

now, all you have to do is download the latest IHO rom you want, along with its gapps file, go into recovery, wipe everything and just flash the rom.

you do NOT have to reflash a froyo rom before flashing IHO again, all you gotta do is flash IHO, but only after you wipe the previous IHO install.

this basically is doing the exact same thing a "factory data reset" does, except you have to do it manually, becuase doing it through the menus bricks the phones (a bug that hasnt been fixed.) so at least its not a really long process, and your brother gets a fresh rom to start off with.