Battery Help

jabak3

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok for christmas presents my father purchased 3 Optimus V phones on Black Friday from Targer
Mine, His, and one for my step mother.

I only have my phone Rooted, still working on recovery and flashing.

Theirs are unrooted and I am unsure if I want to root them. Nor need to as they don't use full options nor fill up their space as much as I would.

The issue at hand is the battery usage.

I saw a trick to fix a display bug. Did it and had it charged overnight. 7am my dad leaves for work and received only 1 call. After less than 6 hours. His phone was dead. This is what seems to be a large issue with these phones.

He doesn't have many apps running, Bluetooth is off, and 3g only on when wifi isn't. I have no problems with the others having wifi connected at all times and tend to spend hours online with no drainage.

I don't believe his battery is useless meaning a dud. I just wonder what seems to be the 3 best ways to improve the battery power.

If I have to add ten things to do so I will. Hopefully free options as you can see he is pissed and doesn't want to spend money on something so stupid.

Please help

kraven

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
its the time without signal bug, reboot the phone drop it into airplane mode wait a few then back into normal mode

should help alot

need to do this with each reboot, or put one of the custom roms on it that fix it properly.

jabak3

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I already tried resetting it via the number method. Changed the signal detect thing and placed it back on the charger to reset the values.

I installed a couple apps but I want to ensure aside from the bug fix that it has the most power length.

As of the moment after installing the apps and fixing the bug.

6:42 97% Power
7:42 94% Power

No Calls/Texts made but as I said I thought it was fixed before. So I am going to monitor it for now but I am looking for any and all ideas I can get to make it better.

Rooting:
My Phone -
1st step: Gingerbreak, Busy Box, Super user installed and rooted.
2nd Step: Recovery File Installed to SD/ No Credit Card usable for even the .10 apps. So I am trying to find a different free version or similar program to Flash Image GUI.
3rd Step: Incomplete/ Don't know the best Rom to use. I just want to be able to move everything to SD to free space/ As well as use Launcher Pro and the normal apps I used to. Bloatware not real important but I am looking for a program after rooting that helps with the battery for my phone.

As for my Father and StepMother's phones. Until I know I can root my phone without problems I don't want to try it on there's. I also don't think they need it as they use a lot less features than I do.

So Non- Rooted Apps
More Bug Fixes
or any other way to optimize the longest possible battery life using Smaller non abusive apps and Wifi on all the time/ Bluetooth:Off/ 3g auto connect: On only when WiFi not available.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
when he leaves the house, he could be traveling to areas with low signal, the phone will drain the battery MUCH faster if it is actively seeking a signal rather than holding onto one.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
One thing that really needs to be done on these from the get go it to be rid of all of the extra Virgin junk. They lag the phone and drain the battery.

The stock apps basically suck off 25% of your speed and over half your battery. To be rid of the battery drain and restore some of the speed, you can use a task killer. Many will argue they are horrible, but in my opinion they are fine for this task when you have no other choice. Keep ion mind these are a band aid for the problem. You will not get a ton of speed and they will keep coming back on every time you restart and some will even without a restart.

On a rooted phone you are simply better off removing the garbage apps, or better yet, install a rom. You will be amazed at the difference, your phone literally will become a new beast compared to stock.

Being that you have newer phones, you are a bit limited to Harmonia or IHO, unless you want to install a different kernel on the older Froyo Roms. IHO is arguably better, but may be more than your family will like. Harmonia is basically stock just tweaked and de-branded. The big downsides are IHO has a lot of extras, and no activation app if there is a problem. Harmonia has the activation app, but it lacks the new market (working on it). You can install the newer market, but purchases cause it to crash, some geta round this by buying on the website and sending it to the phone.

Either will make your phones MUCH better.
My advice, since you plan to play and already rooted, try these roms, see what you like and then try and decide what is the best option for each family member. Some may be better stock, some may be better rooted and some may be better off with a rom.

I would at minimum root them all and remove the bloat.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance