deleting launcher pro

kjrayo18

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys so I rooted my phone and it came with cm7. But it also came with launcher pro, and it wont let me delete it in anyway... any idea y? I'm trying to use some cm7 themes I downloaded and I know they work cuz of the task bar but nothing else changes due to launcher pro

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
ok what?

"i rooted my phone and it came with cm7"?

you have to root, then actively choose to flash cm7. it doesnt "just happen" with rooting.

and you probably chose a cm7 rom that has launcher pro as default.

try a different IHO rom.

also, the themes will not theme launcher pro..... they only theme the icons, status bar, and menus. mostly the status bar and notification bubbles and buttons and little things like that.

the launcher stays the same, thats just how it is

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Yep - alot of roms come with LP as their default since it is so lightweight and packed with options. You can still install any launcher that you want on top of this just like you could before - so install whatever you want or flash a rom that already has what you want.

But you cannot uninstall the only launcher that you have and right now Launcher Pro is it for you - the default launcher is not in there man.

mcclain71

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
u can delete launcher pro...but u have to have another launcher installed before u delete it. once u have it installed, use root explorer app and go to system/apps and delete launcher pro

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I tried all the methods you guys said and could not delete it, it says it is a read only app.

Strange because I've easily deleted it before...

Just get Root Explorer from the market, go to /system/app, mount as R/W, and delete. lol but I like LP so I don't wanna delete it :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers