Help with rooted apps

Tstreet662

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my phone today and added cynaogen 2.3.7..I even chevied it with rootchecker to make sure. When I downloaded titanium Backup it said I didn't have root acess. It did the same with tethering and busy box.I rooted my phone n installed a custom ROM. I font understand why it'll say that. Can someone help me?

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
that is weird. cm7 is pre rooted. you dont have to do anything.

then again... titanium backup is just not a wise app to use when moving from 2.2 to GB. its useful for some things, but you should always restore apps manually through the market, some apps have different versions between 2.2 and 2.3 android, and the TB restores might have problems.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Well first saying I rooted my phone and installed cyanogen 2.3.7 is very vague.

How did you root it?
Did you install a custom recovery?

More information is needed to help. Give links to the method you used. Or if you used a app link that app here. This community will help as much as possible but your initial post is too vague to diagnose the problem.

Tstreet662

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry bout that. Im kinda a newbie to this. I used gingerbreak to root it and yes I installed a custom recovery . I rooted my phone using the simplied steps that are posted at the top of all the threads

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Check to see if you have the app called 'super user' installed. If not, install it

Make sure super user is the latest functionng version.

Tstreet662

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I only tried three apps. Superuser got installed when I flashed the rom. And I think since it came preinstalled I can't upgrade it or take it off

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I only tried three apps. Superuser got installed when I flashed the rom. And I think since it came preinstalled I can't upgrade it or take it off

is super user working, open it up and make sure the preferences don't have the automatic response to set on deny. i recommend switching to prompt if that is the case.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Wow that's weird, so your saying it asks you to allow the app permission and then when you say yes it says there's no root access?

Tstreet662

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok I went back to my stock rom and tried to add busybox again. It did it with no problem this time..Do you think its the custom rom thats enabled it?

Tstreet662

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok now this getting weird. When i flash the custom rom again and tried to install busybox again it wouldnt let me..Im starting to think its this the rom

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae