I found a list of ROMS:

hxxps://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/Binary

BACKside-IHO-VM670
CM7.2.0 RC0-BobZ
IHO-Purity (100% Pure Build)
CM7.2-RC0-IHO-MiRaGe
Harmonia_2
IHO-Purity-X (Xionia kernel)

What are the major differences that make the Roms stand out amongst each other?
Pros and Cons?

iono what to pick.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
One thing you should know is that Harmonia is based on froyo, not gingerbread. Above and beyond that, look for one that has lots of active development. That way, if there is a problem, it will be delt with quickly. I personally like BACKside.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Harmonia 2 is definitely gingerbread based, no doubt about that notown.

As for which to pick, I prefer BACKside to Harmonia 2 just because customization is smoother on it.
My suggestion, start at the top and don't stop flashing till your happy;)

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been using BACKside so long, I didn't even realize Harmonia is now Harmonia 2. I think the 2 indicates the jump to gb from froyo.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm a lean and mean kind of guy, and mirage has been an amazing ROM for me: Completely stable, none of the issues that I read about, and running quite fast.

Now that LeslieAnn has an updated Harmonia 2 out (based on mirage I understand) I may want to give it a try. I think she managed to trim it even further, and updated Google apps burned in will save a bit of memory. When I have the time...

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I personally don't have this device but my best suggestion to you would be...

1. Look for the most talked about ROMs/reputation

2. Features/Option

3. Dev/member support. You really don't want to get involved with or waste your time on a ROM that doesn't have good support. Look for an active developer for the ROM, one that responds to posts, troubleshoots, updates frequently (hopefully not too much...) and takes suggestions and input from the users and incorporates them into the ROM if at all possible.

Grab a few of them, throw them and give each one a few days test drive. Its the only fair way to really find which one suits your style and needs.

primalist

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I recommend Harmonia 2. It's very lean. Running it with Zeam launcher and overclocked at 825 (although my GFs has the same setup, it is only stable as high as 787--not a very noticeable difference). Makes the V a pretty bad ass phone, really. Without the devs working on this phone.. it wouldn't be nearly as quick and capable as it is. I'm very grateful.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
...Now that LeslieAnn has an updated Harmonia 2 out (based on mirage I understand) ...
Actually, Harmonia2 is built from an older version of BACKside-IHO. ;)

... updates frequently (hopefully not too much...)...
I sometimes wonder if I put out too many updates for BACKside. I could group them together and release less often, but then you have a whole slew of new features to seek bug reports and feedback on, and inevitably, something gets overlooked in the grouping. So I tend to only put 2-4 new features in an update, and wait for feedback.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
It's my rom and I'll do what I want?

H2 beta was built on a generic IHO that I put together, another was a mix of Mirage and Backside (never released). The release is based on a generic IHO build that Mrg666 put together for me. All IHO roms are pretty similar.

I have said it was "pretty much an older Backside" or Mirage in order to make people understand that the differences are almost nil when you get down to it. It's more rumor control than anything. What makes Harmonia special isn't some special thing I did, it's the lack of anything special.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I sometimes wonder if I put out too many updates for BACKside. I could group them together and release less often, but then you have a whole slew of new features to seek bug reports and feedback on, and inevitably, something gets overlooked in the grouping. So I tend to only put 2-4 new features in an update, and wait for feedback.

No Jerry, I like the amount if updates you do! That is probably the number one reason I chose to use your flavor of IHO. I love testing out the new customization features that you put in with each release!

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

Reactions: JerryScript

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
.....What makes Harmonia special isn't some special thing I did, it's the lack of anything special.
There's more to it than that. It's the effort YOU put into making a great ROM. You've proven it over and over again, and everyone here appreciates all your effort to help this community in so many ways!

Reactions: LeslieAnn