Alternate options

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok so next month I may not be able to pay my phone bill. And I don't want to loose my $25 plan. So I have some questions:

1) Can I text via WiFi on Handcent?
if not can I:
1) Port my number to Google Voice and Text via Wifi there with my VM Number instead of the GVoice number they give me?
AND
2) Can I unport my VM number back to my optimus so when I do pay for my phone I don't have to get another number?

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok so next month I may not be able to pay my phone bill. And I don't want to loose my $25 plan. So I have some questions:

1) Can I text via WiFi on Handcent?
if not can I:
1) Port my number to Google Voice and Text via Wifi there with my VM Number instead of the GVoice number they give me?
AND
2) Can I unport my VM number back to my optimus so when I do pay for my phone I don't have to get another number?

1. texting through your Virgin Mobile phone number can ONLY be done through their network (the cell network, not 3G data) so no, no wifi texting.

2. dont bother with porting, just text with the GV number through wifi, its easy and you have a backup number. all you do is tell the person your texting its you. seriously, its not that big a deal.

3. dont even bother with the porting, youll be saving yourself ALL THIS trouble.

lastly, VM will not deactivate your account or phone. you wont be able to make calls or texts over their network, but you have 3 whole months to pay. its not like they delete your entire account and number if you miss a month. youll be fine.

your overthinking it. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech