Is this kind of thing normal?

anon(395747)

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I've had this issue with a few of the updated IHO builds. Currently I'm running Harmonia 2.03. This has happened on one of Jerry's newer builds, and Bobz build. After I take the phone off the charger, it says 100%, like usual. After a few hours or more, the percentage doesn't change. Screen off, almost everything off. (3G, WiFi, GPS) I only leave the cell radio on cause I'm always on a computer. No need for me to use my phone for internet and what not unless I'm out and about.

Last edited:

Conrail16

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
This happens to me too (I'm running the latest Backside). It seems to be just a minor bug in Android (maybe it's Gingerbread specific, I'm not sure). You could try recalibrating you battery if you're really concerned, but it's nothing to worry about.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing, or maybe my screen is better, but the battery line is dropping, just very slow.

You may need to recalibrate the battery.
Also, once a Li-ion battery charges fully, it does not trickle to stay peaked. It begins discharging even while sitting on a charger.

If this is in regards to the battery indicator in the statusbar, the stock battery indicator works in increments of 8 or 10% I believe (been a while since I worked with it). so it will stay at 100% until it drops below 92% or 90%. Something like that. The values may be wrong, but the idea is correct. This is why Harmonia has the percentage indicator, it's more accurate. Not that batteries discharge at a flat rate anyhow.

anon(395747)

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Normally, when the phone is taken off the charger, the 2nd time (bottom) would be seconds behind the 1st time (top). And the 4 categories would just about match the activity of the phone weather the screen was on, on the charger, and the signal that the phone is getting. But the first picture shows no evidence of what the second picture is showing and just flat lines till it finally decides to drop. I have the battery indicator on the lock screen enabled and shows the same thing as the battery status.

I flashed Jerry's new build 1-20-12 two hours ago to give it a whirl and see if it does the same thing after I take it off the charger tomorrow morning.

Maybe your right Leslie and Conrail. Maybe I should try to calibrate the battery.

flagcitysteelers

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I did recalibrate the battery with the new enhancement of being plugged in & off with JerryScript IHO from the 1/182012 build I bieleve. I did notice the same thing that the batter sits at 100% for quite a while.. I'm trying the 1/20 & recalibrating again to see if it still is doing it..

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
It could be that the battery is actually at 100%. I remember when I first got my phone that the battery would stay at 100% for five hours in airplane mode,now my battery isn't as healthy so it drops quicker. I've also noticed my battery go up in places with Max service and wifi, could be apothecary electromagnetic waves are actually feeding back into the battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463