Mozilla Firefox 10.0 Beta 3 installs but doesn't open

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded Mozilla Firefox Mobile 10.0 Beta 3 from this thread:
http://www.ipmart-forum.com/showthread.php?p=3821135
It installed perfectly on my OV, and when I went to open it after it installed, it immediately force closed. Is there any way I can use Firefox mobile on my OV?

Sent from my LG Optimus V.
IHO BACKside CM7.2
"Cracker for fun, hacker for LIFE!"

Nope.

(farts smell 10 char)

This app is incompatible with your Virgin Mobile LGE LG-VM670.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Yip, FF Mobile doesn't work on our phones. It requires an ArmV7 Processor, ours have ArmV6. If I remember correctly they said they had no plans to make an ArmV6 version on their Facebook.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
when it was in beta they made a ARMv6 version that SHOULD work on the OV, but thats why it was a beta. it had problems.

the current official release does NOT work on the OV.

also, that browser is great on the desktop but they need to work out a bunch of design and performance issues, its NOT a good mobile browser. trust me.

Dolphin HD is what Firefox mobile SHOULD be, use it, its great and fast on the OV

r00t

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Why do they have an ARMv7 requirement? It's been the nature of open source software to support a wide range of hardware.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Why do they have an ARMv7 requirement? It's been the nature of open source software to support a wide range of hardware.

The simple answer is this. It takes more time and effort to make a app backwards compatible. At some point you have to say this technology is at end of life.

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
The funny thing is I saved in old copy of Fennec from back when the nightlies had support for ARM6 and using the latest JerryScript IMHO rom it works pretty good except for the fact many addons won't install because the browser is too old. That makes me think firefox is capable if only someone would spend that time to get things to work properly.

--bornagainpenguin

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc