Optimus V 2.2.2 - Bricked... Bootloader Inquiry..

Wixspin

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so long story short, I was getting the android.process.acore error message on my phone and did all the necessary steps to get rid of the problem with searching on, youtube, Google etc.... None of the methods seemed to work.. I unrooted my phone, got rid of every single app I downloaded and without looking at the forums or researching, I did a factory reset..... Yeah, Dumb, I know... So now I have a nice little paper weight that does a fantastic job keeping paper on my desk... (yay)

Any way, the strang thing about this tale is that after the LG logo appeard and then when the screen goes black, if I hit the camera button my phone restarts... I got to thinking that perhaps all that has happend is that my screen is blacked out but the bootloader is still there... So, I looked up a few tutorials on Youtube of peoples phones that actually worked on 2.2.1 and tried to follow their steps, I noticed that the first option, when looking at the other persons phone, that it was the restart option and the last one was the shut off or power off or whatever it was.. So I did a test, I hit the Vol + once to have it go to the bottom and then hit my camera button, WALA! My phone turned off.... I was then persistent to try and go in blind... Unfortunately that didn't work.... I wish I had a working 2.2.1 Op V to try this methond side by side... :'(

Has this happened to anyone else?
Do you think that the Bootloader is hiding in the bleak blackness?
I guess this wasn't so short..... lol

I will admit that I called Virgin and told them about my error and they are sending me a replacement phone for free!!.. But, thought this might help in the future!!

Last edited:

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
You are booted into recovery but you can't see the recovery... maybe. I know that if I booted intovrecovery and pressed the camera key, it would select reboot. I think you may have an invisible recovery on your phone, which would mean that your phone is salveable by blindly flashing somethin. Did you install a recovery?

Wixspin

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I think.... I put the original Op V image on the sd card but I can't navigate to where I need to be to get it to flash.. :'(

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Research android screencast ;-) you can use your computer to navigate your otherwise blacked out recovery

IHO Unofficial CM7. 2
BACKside IHO 12212011

Wixspin

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Research android screencast ;-) you can use your computer to navigate your otherwise blacked out recovery

IHO Unofficial CM7. 2
BACKside IHO 12212011

This is a fantastic idea! I will have to try it, but the only thing is that my computer wont recognize my phone because it won't go past the black screen after the LG logo.... Great Idea though, once I get my new Op V on Monday I'll try it out....

Last edited:

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
This is a fantastic idea! I will have to try it, but the only thing is that my computer wont recognize my phone because it won't go past the black screen after the LG logo.... Great Idea though, once I get my new Op V on Monday I'll try it out....

You probly don't havr the lg drivers installed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC