Opinions on Optimus Slider

saxrulez

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I love my OpV, however my wife is still hating life without a real keyboard. Can I get some opinions from people that have used both?

Thank you

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I have both and I'm currently using the Slider as my primary phone, I'm pretty satisfied with how fast it actually is.

Sent from my LG-VM701 Gelato 11-28 ICS Style via Tapatalk

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It ships with a MSM7627T which stands for "turbo"

from all the specs it looks like the exact cpu of the OV but bumped to 800. which of course, the OV can do.

before I looked it up, I assumed the Optimus Slider came with the 800MHx cpu that the Samsung Admire comes with, which is a much much better cpu than the OVs.

so I would say if you went from the OV to the OS, you really are only paying all that money for the keyboard and stock gingerbread. (of which CM7 has way way more usable features that are beneficial on a day-to-day basis)

I can't imagine VM will keep that as their keyboard phone for very long.

I am hopeful within 4-8 months we will see another high end phone join VMusas line-up. and If i were to guess, itd be a older galaxy S model from sprint, something with good support and good track record, like the Samsung Epic either with or without the keyboard.

id say wait a bit. but if you really gotta have a keyboard now, the Optimus Slider is definately a solid phone. just be warned that its outdated before you even take it home and something shinier will be out soon enough

rweeks

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Purchased the Slider for my wife who cannot live w/o a keyboard. Compared to my stock OV, as stated above, very snappy. She Loves it.:D

saxrulez

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I do believe I will pick it up for her. We don't need or desire the latest and greatest phones. Just use them for Facebook and browsing and texting. I would like a slightly larger screen on my next phone, but I will be waiting quite some time.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

saxrulez

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Both of us came from moto Droids, and honestly we both had a pretty bad experience overall. Both of our phones were constantly freezing and force closing apps. I'm afraid to try another phone because these optimus v's have been so stable.

She just really can't stand not having an actual keyboard.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Both of us came from moto Droids, and honestly we both had a pretty bad experience overall. Both of our phones were constantly freezing and force closing apps. I'm afraid to try another phone because these optimus v's have been so stable.

She just really can't stand not having an actual keyboard.

if the OV makes you happy i can assume the Optimus Slider would be fine. its the exact hardware of the OV, but with gingerbread default and a hardware keyboard. its a solid choice if you really want an OV with a keyboard.

if that is what you really desire, i say go for it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney