anyone looking for a cheap tablet?

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Its the only place forkindle fire roms too. It took me 38 hours before I got bored and made it an awesome ics tablet

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. I've been all over xda most of last night and reading the Nook section here and at androidforums.com

Slowly but surely I am figuring this thing out.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up a polaroid 7 inch tablet from bigg lots for $99 - comes preloaded with ICS, gig processor, 4 gigs storage, and capacitive screen. Comes prerooted and is really a great piece of tech for the price.

This will be for my son - his grandparents are pitching in to get it for him for his bday and I am confident he will love it. Just thought that you guys might want to look into one.

Reactions: Dannemand

pogu

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The new Samsung galaxy 2 is working out great for me. Dual core, and ICS, bluetooth, and gps. The folks at XDA already have root and CWM, and thought I'm waiting for some kick ass roms before I fool with it since stock is quite frankly great.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up a polaroid 7 inch tablet from bigg lots for $99 - comes preloaded with ICS, gig processor, 4 gigs storage, and capacitive screen. Comes prerooted and is really a great piece of tech for the price.

This will be for my son - his grandparents are pitching in to get it for him for his bday and I am confident he will love it. Just thought that you guys might want to look into one.

It is amazing to me that for about 200 total a person could have a very capable phone and tablet - for less than most phones. This Polaroid seems right up an ov owners alley.

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I originally wanted a tablet to use only when I didn't want to break out the laptop so after researching some cheaper ones and not liking what I found I stumbled across the Nook Color forum at XDA and found MRG's rom. I picked me up a Nook Color, rooted and installed Mirage and can say it's been a very good tablet. I does everything I need it to do and I actually use it all the time and don't ever hardly use my laptop.

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, not touching a no name tablet. I would rather save money for something from amazon/motorola/samsung..

I kinda feel the same way. Cause I want a Asus Transformer and that's only $349.00 on Amazon But that is a bit expensive atm. And I bet I can find it much cheaper somewhere else.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I love my kindle fire.. once I got the Amazon crap off of it. I don't want anything larger than a 7 inch tablet. And the ics builds with the 3.0 kernel are amazing, and only getting better

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, not touching a no name tablet. I would rather save money for something from amazon/motorola/samsung..

It would have agreed with you until I used this thing. At first I only considered it because it was for my. 11yo and at that price basically disposable, but it is a solid tablet. I have used the kindle as well and this Polaroid with ICS is right there with it. I know you guys see the fire and galaxy tab 7 as good deals, but this thing costs less than half that those do. I can't think of a better device for my boy ( and myself) to tinker with.

My daily driver tab is my transformer and it ofcourse is much nicer but it cost 4 times as much.

nt from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae