04-11-2012 09:57 AM
117 123 ...
tools
    Will anyone be getting this From Virgin Mobile? It's said to ship around April. It also has Android 4.0! With HTC Sense 4.0. More info in the link below

HTC One V: Hardware, Software, Release Date
    terthii likes this.
    03-01-2012 09:32 PM
    It is was going for 180 like the article suggests then i would do it in a heart beat. SuperLCD is a really good screen tech.
    Krobar likes this.
    03-01-2012 09:36 PM
    It actually looks really good. I'll play the wait and see game and wait for reviews first. Plus, it would be tough to leave the OV community. I was smart enough to wait for the first reviews of the Triumph, so I have to do the same here.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-01-2012 09:40 PM
    Triumph wasn't really all that great. I sold mine, lol.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    charkswitlazers likes this.
    03-01-2012 09:49 PM
    I'll wait for reviews, and even if there are good reviews, I'm still going to wait until devs pick it up. A phone isn't good unless there are at least 3 ROMs for it in my opinion.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V
    03-01-2012 09:52 PM
    Triumph wasn't really all that great. I sold mine, lol.

Yeah that's why I'm glad I waited and didn't purchase it. This one will be tempting though.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-01-2012 10:07 PM
    I'd rather see if they give us another slider, preferably with some decent specs unlike the Optimus. (Not that it's terrible, I'd just want a little more of an 'upgrade' than what is offered.)
    03-01-2012 10:07 PM
    I would expect MUCH higher than $180, that was in reference to the Wildfire, not the One V.

I fully expect that this will go for no less than $250, maybe closer to $300.
    03-01-2012 10:57 PM
    I bet it will be less than $200 its only a 3.7 inch screen and 512mb of ram. Single core 1ghz processor and a 5mp camera. It doesn't even say if it does HD video. The specs by them self make it less impressive than the triumph. I know real life performance may be different, but vm goes by stats when they price their phones. Look how how much more the intercept was than the optimus until a couple months ago. $199 price tag at launch would be my guess. Or more likely scenerio, it will go to boost and we will get another 2.4 inch screen phone with a physical keyboard that will make the ice caps stop melting

ken2kold likes this.
    03-01-2012 11:45 PM
    I'll be watching the dev community for before moving to a new phone.
    dwappo and ken2kold like this.
    03-02-2012 12:25 AM
    I bet it will be less than $200 its only a 3.7 inch screen and 512mb of ram. Single core 1ghz processor and a 5mp camera. It doesn't even say if it does HD video. The specs by them self make it less impressive than the triumph. I know real life performance may be different, but vm goes by stats when they price their phones. Look how how much more the intercept was than the optimus until a couple months ago. $199 price tag at launch would be my guess. Or more likely scenerio, it will go to boost and we will get another 2.4 inch screen phone with a physical keyboard that will make the ice caps stop melting

the performance at stock will be bad. laggy, not very smooth anywhere. no stock OS works as well as cm7 does

it wont shine until custom roms get on it. even then it might only be on par with the triumph. and the triumphs still got a bigger screen....
    03-02-2012 01:41 AM

It's possible for $200, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
    Honestly, I would love to see it come out at $150, it's doable and would really mess with prepaid, but I'm not sure they would do it.

As for being less than the Triumph, and pricing based on stats. Sorry, no. Look at the Wildfire, it's the same as an Optimus and it costs more. In often fact it often costs just as much as the Slider. Specs don't always dictate price. For a while they even had the intercept priced higher than the OV. It being an HTC with Sense you an bet they will be sure to stamp an extra $20-$50 on it.
    03-02-2012 02:38 AM
    @Leslieann, Especially with Virgin Mobile. Might even make the price higher...

03-02-2012 06:52 AM
    If it goes for under $200, I'm picking it up as soon as I can. Looks nice
    03-02-2012 12:45 PM
    If it goes for under $200, I'm picking it up as soon as I can. Looks nice
    my thoughts as well. knowing that you'd pick one up would increase my chances as well since you've become a legend in porting, lol!
    rukin5197 likes this.
    03-02-2012 12:56 PM
    my thoughts as well. knowing that you'd pick one up would increase my chances as well since you've become a legend in porting, lol!
    Well since it's Sense, there's going to be a lot of porting options
    But since it's Sense 4.0, and there's not many ROMs out for that, there wouldn't be much of an option.. lol
    But I will try what I can. But holding my money until april, that's going to be a bit of a problem
    03-02-2012 01:14 PM
    If this phone comes to Virgin Mobile U.S. for aprox.$200 on sale, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I actually like Sense from what little time I've spent with it. Mainly playing with different HTC models at carrier stores.

It seams to run pretty well in this video. [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahrv6f2_LfI[/YT] I don't know why they only had dummy models at MWC. Must have been some software issues that still need to be worked out.

Virgin Mobile's current lineup is looking pretty sad; seeing how the Optimus Black went to Boost mobile instead. VM needs to pick up the HTC One V if they want to keep me as a customer.
    bdfull3r likes this.
    03-02-2012 06:40 PM
    ICS and Sense 4 on a VM device? I'll believe it when I see it, it's not like VM to offer a device like this. I'm still quite happy with the much aged OV, the dev community alone keeps me sticking with it.

brotherswing likes this.
    03-02-2012 07:08 PM
    ICS and Sense 4 on a VM device? I'll believe it when I see it, it's not like VM to offer a device like this. I'm still quite happy with the much aged OV, the dev community alone keeps me sticking with it.

i was about to call it quits and look for a new phone then the ICS and MIUI ports came along literally out of nowhere.
    watskyhotsky and EnMod like this.
    03-02-2012 07:34 PM
    This probably won't be a Dev approved phone in my opinion. I'm afraid to hack a phone or other device if I can't yank the battery. Maybe there would be a work around for that though.
    LightFTW likes this.
    03-03-2012 12:40 AM
    Looking at some other forums, this phone looks worse and worse.

The battery seems to be a major issue with devs especially. How many times have all of you needed to pull the battery? Devs will shy away from this because it will simply be too difficult to recover from bad flashes. Messing with it is just asking to brick it. Yes, you could wait for the battery to die, but these batteries are damaged or destroyed by doing that. That isn't to say there won't be people modding it, but it will be quite limited.

Another thing to consider is that Virgin WILL be rolling out 4g phones in 4-10 months. They initially claimed 4, but it looks like it may have been pushed back. This phone DOES NOT support 4g, and you will be wanting that. Kind of silly to spend $200+ on a phone and have to replace it in 5 or so months. I'm, not sure why they are doing that.

Also, it's looking like Virgin will be pricing it closer to $300.

It's a nice phone if you can handle it stock and are willing to pay for it, but I think I will pass and wait to see what they bring with 4g.
    rhea, kcls and brotherswing like this.
    03-03-2012 03:34 PM
    I bet a lot of sprints wimax 4g phones get passed down to the prepaid market once they roll out lte

bdfull3r likes this.
    03-03-2012 04:58 PM
    I bet a lot of sprints wimax 4g phones get passed down to the prepaid market once they roll out lte

I would gladly take a nexus s 4g on wimax
    03-03-2012 05:28 PM
    I cant wait! Im sick of the OV's tiny screen. The triumph isnt an option with its crappy reception and gps issues, as I use my cell as my only phone and navigation device.
    03-03-2012 10:34 PM
    Looking at some other forums, this phone looks worse and worse.

The battery seems to be a major issue with devs especially. How many times have all of you needed to pull the battery? Devs will shy away from this because it will simply be too difficult to recover from bad flashes. Messing with it is just asking to brick it. Yes, you could wait for the battery to die, but these batteries are damaged or destroyed by doing that. That isn't to say there won't be people modding it, but it will be quite limited.

Another thing to consider is that Virgin WILL be rolling out 4g phones in 4-10 months. They initially claimed 4, but it looks like it may have been pushed back. This phone DOES NOT support 4g, and you will be wanting that. Kind of silly to spend $200+ on a phone and have to replace it in 5 or so months. I'm, not sure why they are doing that.

Also, it's looking like Virgin will be pricing it closer to $300.

It's a nice phone if you can handle it stock and are willing to pay for it, but I think I will pass and wait to see what they bring with 4g.
    Well the Kindle Fire doesn't have a removable battery, but if you hold the power button for ~20 seconds, it will force power off. This helps a lot and maybe it will be in the one v
    03-03-2012 11:01 PM
117 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD