Bricked OV (Peculiar Case)

simpleton1333

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Alright, so I got this phone in December. I decided to root it. Bad idea, obviously. I was stupid and did not read that I can't factory reset it. So, guess what? I did. I used ROM Manager, Titanium Backup, Clockwork Mod Recovery, and I guess other stuff. It was a while ago and I stopped using this phone 2-3 months ago because I got an iPhone. This is where it gets weird. I have read several, several threads. I know that people who help noobs like me spend a lot of time trying to help, since we're such noobs. I have tried several methods, ADB, droidAtScreen, Android Screencaster, yet nothing works.

My phone does not get past the LG screen, so it won't connect to my PC. I am using Windows 7 x64. Trust me, I DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED THE DRIVERS. That is NOT the reason why it won't connect. I also noticed that when I try to get into the bootloader (Vol. Up + Home + Power) it does not show the screen, and then it reboots. Sometimes, the LG screen comes up, reboots, LG flashes, reboots, over and over again. I can also bring up the Emergency Mode which does nothing. I connected the phone once, but not in time for the computer to register it and install all the stuff. It can't connect again. I'm seriously at a loss here, guys. I'm running out of time to fix this phone since I need to sell it for money to pay bills.

Any help is appreciated.
P.S. don't redirect me to another thread unless someone SOMEHOW had ALL these things AND got it solved. I need help by talking to someone and walking me through the process, which I know is such a drag for the other person.
If I missed anything or whatever, I appreciate you telling me.

Please, PLEASE help. I am in a dire situation with money and selling this phone is really gonna do me some good.
Once again, THANK YOU for reading and helping.

Simpleton.

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Wow, you train wrecked that poor thing!
(everything wrong)

If you can get it into recovery, try that, Win7 64bit is sketchy for working with these phones. You may think you have the right driver and don't. Many have had problems getting it to work.

Ultimately you may have to find an old laptop using 32bit Vista or Win7, or even better, XP.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
You messed up the recovery partition. Unfortunately, as far as I know, with these series of phones (the cheaper LG androids) there is no fix. :/

arp734

May 17, 2011
Visit site
SOLUTION!!!!!! Since your under your 1 year warranty, call Virgin Mobile USA and tell them your phone shut off one day and won't turn back on. Act stupid and follow all their directions...then they will ship you a replacement phone. TA DA!

I know its not the best idea nor most original. But it WILL work. Trust me. On my 2nd replacement. HAHAHA

A.I.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I find it amusing you knowingly refused to follow instructions, breaking stuff in two different ways, and then expect us to give you more instructions to bail you out, just so you can make a quick buck.

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah you could do that lol but you do realize that you have to send them a phone back in return... what would you send in then return?
if they don't receive something back I'm sure they'd be callin& callin any ventually terminate service
But that's just my 2 cents

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I find it amusing you knowingly refused to follow instructions, breaking stuff in two different ways, and then expect us to give you more instructions to bail you out, just so you can make a quick buck.

I don't care that he/she wants to sell it.
If someone has a problem I will try to help where I can, even when they did something stupid, I usually can't but when I can I try to.

The problem I have is that they don't want to bother looking for help in threads already made regarding these very same things they have done, they want a personal walkthrough, so they can sell it.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Again with these phones once the recovery.img is damaged/tainted there's not a whole lot you can do. Especially if you can't get it in recovery or download mode (hence the damaged recovery partition). You now have a paperweight and all the advice in the world isn't going to fix this for you. You screwed up and to be fair the ov isn't a very valuable phone so I highly doubt selling a used v would get you out of many financial woes outside of a min cc payment or a water bill...

Edit: also there's nothing strange about this case. Countless people before you have done the same thing. I do feel bad that you bricked your phone, but its mistakes like these that are pushing manufacturers into locked bootloaders and you're messing it up for the rest of us. So my compassion kind of dwindles.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
SOLUTION!!!!!! Since your under your 1 year warranty, call Virgin Mobile USA and tell them your phone shut off one day and won't turn back on. Act stupid and follow all their directions...then they will ship you a replacement phone. TA DA!

I know its not the best idea nor most original. But it WILL work. Trust me. On my 2nd replacement. HAHAHA

No! Getting a replacement for a phone you screwed up by unauthorized modifications is why the manufacturers try so hard to lock them down.

Sent from my LG-VM670 running Alien CM7 v1.2++ using Tapatalk

steven1droid

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Can you get into emergency mode? Take out the battery, press and hold "Return", "Vol-Down", and Power all at the same time, then WHILE HOLDING those buttons, plug in the usb cable. If you can get to emergency mode, try flashing the latest Optimus V firmware with KDZ. Hope it works.

Edit: Flashing Optimus V firmware won't work as it's missing a file that allows extraction to continue.

Last edited: