I remember we discussed back a couple months ago that VMU would have to provide a way to monitor data usage before launching their cap/throttle.

I just logged into my account (on my phone) and noticed that usage details are now available under View Details for Data. Simple and to the point.

I apologize if this is old news. I didn't notice it before, and I haven't seen other mention of it here.

03-29-2012 11:06 PM
    Thanks! I'll have to contact the maker of the VirginMobile Minutes Checker to see if he can include this in the app/widget.

I've already forked his source, but I don't want to add the functionality if he has plans to already.
    Dannemand and itsrayray like this.
    03-30-2012 01:24 AM
    Thanks! I'll have to contact the maker of the VirginMobile Minutes Checker to see if he can include this in the app/widget.

I've already forked his source, but I don't want to add the functionality if he has plans to already.
    Sweetness, that app is already so helpful. With data control added, it will be ultimate for VM.
    03-30-2012 02:42 AM
    Can anyone confirm if this is for the entire month, or just since they started throttling on the 23rd?
    03-30-2012 08:19 AM
    Its gotta be from the beginning because it says I've used 500 MB and Im only half done with my month and the only large downloading I've done this month is that I downloaded the android sdk on my PC while tethered the other day (around 200 MB). Other than that my only web usage comes from tapatalk, Facebook, and an occasional Googling. So I figure that it has to be from the beginning of the month.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-30-2012 09:07 AM
    @Jerry: echo what others are saying about getting this into Minutes Checker. That would be awesome. It's the first thought that comes to mind for all of us, I guess

@Anthony: I don't know when they started showing this on the web, but I'd suspect they had the ability internally to see usage all along, so that this counter should be valid for your current month. Just my guess.
    03-30-2012 09:28 AM
    Dan. Looks like u need to charge your phone

Sent from your moms phone.
    03-30-2012 09:32 AM
    ^^
    LOL

Yeah it was the last thing before going to bed last night. Phone took some heavy use yesterday.

As for other info disclosed by that screen dump: (1) Wife already asleep, hence the sound off; (2) still early in my plan month, hence only 91MB used.

I think that should cover it
    03-30-2012 09:58 AM
    Hmm, good to know then. I'm at about 1.9 GB, with billing starting over on 4-2. I stream an hour or two of music a day while driving, and not much of it is cached, so I've been surprised that my usage has been about 100 MB a day. Of course, I barely touch my phone while at work, and its on wifi at home, so I guess that explains a bit.
    03-30-2012 03:09 PM
    dev@jaygoel.com. That's the email address listed on Google Play. Living in North Carolina, 3G speeds aren't that great until AFTER 12:00 so a data usage read out or pop-up would be helpful.
    04-01-2012 03:04 AM
    Aaaaand, he's now about to get 5000 spam because of you posting that email on here.
    04-01-2012 03:15 AM
    Yes, sam_soren, I'd remove that email from your post. I know you meant well, but it sounds as if Jerry already knew how to contact the dev. Of course you can email him too if you want, but I don't think we should propagate people's email addresses in these threads.
    04-01-2012 10:35 AM

There's mine

Sent from my Ice Cream Sandwitch using Taptalk
    04-01-2012 04:23 PM
    ^^
    They look remarkably similar, don't they, except for the actual usage
    04-01-2012 04:31 PM
    ^^
    They look remarkably similar, don't they, except for the actual usage
    Yup

Sent from my Ice Cream Sandwitch using Taptalk
    04-01-2012 05:24 PM