Tether to Xbox live possible?

skurtov

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea why anyone would want to tether their phones to the xbox. Bandwidth fluctuates to frequently and speeds will be mediocre. You'll blaze through your data throttle limit, and then your phone will be useless. Go buy yourself a 50ft ethernet cord. Save yourself the trouble

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Pleasant Pain

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea why anyone would want to tether their phones to the xbox. Bandwidth fluctuates to frequently and speeds will be mediocre. You'll blaze through your data throttle limit, and then your phone will be useless.

I hear what you're saying, but I have been using this solution since I can choose my wireless provider but not my cable provider, who will remain nameless. My cable and internet provider are terrible and I will go through extreme lengths so they never get my money- $120 a month for basic because they're the only ones is a monopoly :-$ but, that's for a different forum. The point is, fortunately, my wireless provider offered an insane promotion in a written contract and on a 4gLTE network, with actual 4gLTE service in my area, it is the perfect solution. Movies streamed aren't HD, but I doubt anyone's CABLE provider can offer such service RELIABLY.

In other words, what fluctuation in bandwidth and data limit? But, again... I can't speak for everyone. It's not like I genuinely recommend tethering to XBOX live. But, if one is so inclined for whatever their reason(s) may be, it can be done.

Cheers

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I'd bet using Virgin Mobile speeds for my Xbox Live would be way faster than my current at&t :roll:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

skurtov

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Data speeds are not constant. You'll get speeds in bursts. At least with 3g. It's too inconsistent for a stable experience.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

niftypixel

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Believe it or not. I played black ops on live MANY times via tether with no visible lag. Each match only consumed 6 to 14 MB. Is it possible. Yes. Is it viable for long term. No way. But hey!

Sent via AC on my OV Harmoniously

Pleasant Pain

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I was able to bridge my wifi from my laptop to my Xbox no problem. Worked just fine. Here's my question, since my Xbox is the old school Xbox. So I was thinking there has to be a way to USB tether directly to the Xbox...

Unfortunately, this is currently not possible. The original and 360 both lack compatible native drivers for Android phones. If the OS allowed for that level of user flexibility it would be possible. But until such features are available and included, you will need a device to act as a router.

If this has changed, please let me know! It would mean the Android with XBOX is like a PSP on a PS3! We could stumble upon the next generation of gaming entertainment!

... but not likely.

LG lucid xxx

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
So I'm not so tech savy, I'm jus trying to watch iron man 2 on Netflix on my Xbox and my android is the only internet I have. my hotspot works flawless but runs up my data. I heard tethering would stop that but am having No luck in establishing a connection between my phone and Xbox. am I jus better off buying the movie an not wasting time? I'm really jus looking for a quick fix an I don't want to get into a bunch of electronic headache.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I tethered my phone to my ps3 to play call of duty and played for 7 hours straight and only used 150 mb lol I use more than that watching YouTube

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
yeah i did it for my little sisters dsi

sent from my iphone 5 using tapatalk 2

How can i do this? It's not working for me, no matter what I try.

- - - Updated - - -

I tethered my phone to my ps3 to play call of duty and played for 7 hours straight and only used 150 mb lol I use more than that watching YouTube

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Lol, nice, gonna try that on Xbox some time :p

Last edited:

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I connected, but it would only go on DSi apps (such as Flipnote Hatena) and it wouldn't connect with MarioKart DS.

Last edited:

Locool676

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I have never tethered my xbox to my phone. Looking back, I played most of my games offline single payer. I hardly ever was able to keep track of my achievements, and that's all I wanted. I would not of used it to play on live or stream.

Written on my Chromebook

ssiebor14

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone been able to successfully tether their android to Xbox live via Pdanet, Barnacle, wifi tether for root, or any others? If so ...which one and how. Found several threads and even videos with a Google search...but nothing really solid ...decided to ask our wonderful V community ;)

Sent from Santa's Sleigh using Tapatalk

This does work with barnacle because I do it... guess what it doesn't lag.. and further more it only lags when you get a message or call.. so to all the ones that frown upon or down it.. don't knock till you try..data throttle? Pshhhhhhhhhh even after the Max used on your phone which is 2.5 gb a month it still runs fast as hell. I don't know what you guys are talking about the newer phones don't put off the same Xbox live speeds to their phones I tried with the galaxy s3 guess what.. not as fast as my optimus speeds

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emoney86