[RUMOR] HTC Evo V 4G

thatguy123

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RUMOR] HTV Evo V 4G

I hope this is true. I have the triumph and it sucks so bad. The reason it sucks is because it doesn't have the development community like the OV has.

Blastin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

That was a Sprint announcement.
When Sprint makes a big announcement, they want focus on them, not a side company.

Had they announced the 3d coming to Virgin that probably would have drawn more attention than the new phone. Not something you want to do when your main brand is having trouble.

I didn't even think of it that way.

Silence99

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

That was a Sprint announcement.
When Sprint makes a big announcement, they want focus on them, not a side company.

Had they announced the 3d coming to Virgin that probably would have drawn more attention than the new phone. Not something you want to do when your main brand is having trouble.

I would agree, BUT last year Sprint announced the Triumph at the same event as the Photon. Two Motorola phones, one Sprint, on Virgin. It's expensive to put on these events, and getting press to show up can also be difficult. It would make strategic sense to announce all of a vendors phones at one event, as they did last year with Motorola. A year old Evo isn't going to steal much thunder from the new "Super Phone", and if they were worried about that, they better rework the new "Super Phone".

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I would agree, BUT last year Sprint announced the Triumph at the same event as the Photon. Two Motorola phones, one Sprint, on Virgin. It's expensive to put on these events, and getting press to show up can also be difficult. It would make strategic sense to announce all of a vendors phones at one event, as they did last year with Motorola. A year old Evo isn't going to steal much thunder from the new "Super Phone", and if they were worried about that, they better rework the new "Super Phone".

The Evo 3d is still the current best Evo, well, was. So yes, it would have been a big deal. That level of a phone on prepaid is going to be HUGE.

colonelcack

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

The Evo 3d is still the current best Evo, well, was. So yes, it would have been a big deal. That level of a phone on prepaid is going to be HUGE.

If only we had a network to make a phone like that worth using. Heres to hoping if it has 4G we'll have at least 3g equivalent speeds of other carriers and they don't tack on a surcharge for no reason (as data is cheaper on 4g than 3g). But does it really drain the battery so fast it wouldn't be usable to keep on throughout the day? That really blows if so.

Blastin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

If only we had a network to make a phone like that worth using. Heres to hoping if it has 4G we'll have at least 3g equivalent speeds of other carriers and they don't tack on a surcharge for no reason (as data is cheaper on 4g than 3g). But does it really drain the battery so fast it wouldn't be usable to keep on throughout the day? That really blows if so.

you don't need 4g on for 99.9% of tasks unless you plan on downloading youtube videos and streaming music at the same time.

colonelcack

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

you don't need 4g on for 99.9% of tasks unless you plan on downloading youtube videos and streaming music at the same time.

No, I was just hoping for some RELIABILITY. I don't need to download at 3-5mbps all the time, but VMs 3g is atrocious in terms of keeping steady speeds...I'll go from an average of 1mbps to sometimes less than dialup speeds during peak hours. The amount it fluctuates is incredibly aggravating when using certain apps .

Was hoping the 4G might alleviate this...

Irate Iguana

Boss Status
Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

Iirc the surcharge was the deal with clearwire, so I have no idea what they'll do with that.

colonelcack

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Iirc the surcharge was the deal with clearwire, so I have no idea what they'll do with that.

Well yeah that would make sense if it was clearwire. I meant it would be cheaper than 3g for data if it was LTE. That's what sprint said they would be switching to...so it'll be interesting to see if they make this phone LTE

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to decide whether to buy a used evo3d, flash it to virgin, or just wait and buy the Evo V 4g.

Well nit depends, do you want it fast and buggy, or slow and perfect? This is actually what I'm debating. Its just that I'm not sure which device I want to flash over

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

DIY gives you a lot of work, and no warranty or support, Plus you violate the T.O.S.
Then even after you do it, you have to mod every rom you use to get mms working, and forget the stock Sense rom, which means it will be less stable.

If you can wait, you are better off doing that.

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Although I won't give up my OV, I would love to have this phone. I'm getting older now and the bigger screen would nice for my old eyes! I found the 411 on my beloved OV on the Phandroid site back long ago when it was only a rumor. (and a smile on my face!) The 4g net capabilities don't worry cause my little town doesn't have 4g. Surfing the net on a screen that big would be glorious! I'll start saving now. Maybe Santa will deliver early!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol