[RUMOR] HTC Evo V 4G

rweeks

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RUMOR] HTV Evo V 4G

I posted this earlier in the "Rumored " section, and was beginning to wonder why it wasn't getting any hits. Since I was not familiar with this model I thought for a moment this was not a good choice. But after a little research, all I can say is I will be considering this.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
It could actually be better, because devs wouldn't be super worried about bricking it

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

devs aren't too worried bout bricking the v. Not many cases where you can't pull it out of its slumber.

Sent from your mom's phone.

Irate Iguana

Boss Status
Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

I would immediately come back to VM if this phone is released to them haha.

EDIT: Is Sprint going to continue deploying Wimax once they release LTE?

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

This phone would make me consider coming back. My biggest issue is coverage. Hell if they would increase the sprint network coverage area for non roaming I would come back to the OV. I wish I would have never bought my sgs4g, the phone is awesome but the dev community is atrocious. I told them tonight if they didnt like me calling them out for being douchebags to buy me a new phone :D.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I love my V and don't want development to die

Sent from my Ice Cream Sandwitch using Taptalk

I'm saying development might not die because this wouldn't be there main phone. Which means development might increase because they don't have to worry about bricking their main phone

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

EDIT: Is Sprint going to continue deploying Wimax once they release LTE?
No they already announced no more work on that.

Not that it matters, 4g uses sooooo much battery on the Evos it's not funny. You won't want to use it except in very rare instances. On the Evo 4g, you can almost watch the battery drop when you use it.

On the other hand, it's a fantastic phone.

This is my fear everyone flocks to the new cool phone
Many will go, and we will get a LOT more people on Virgin, but, it's not exactly like the OV has no roms.
Also, remember, while many say they will right away, this phone will be around $300, it will take many a while to get the money for it.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
No they already announced no more work on that.

Not that it matters, 4g uses sooooo much battery on the Evos it's not funny. You won't want to use it except in very rare instances. On the Evo 4g, you can almost watch the battery drop when you use it.

On the other hand, it's a fantastic phone.

Many will go, and we will get a LOT more people on Virgin, but, it's not exactly like the OV has no roms.
Also, remember, while many say they will right away, this phone will be around $300, it will take many a while to get the money for it.

Exactly. I've seen a few posts now, people saying that development for the V will die out like it's the worst thing in the world. To me, that isn't fair to the developers to say, we have a slew of gingerbread roms that are daily drivers, along with Harmonia froyo, stock roms, etc...besides ICS, what else do you want?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad