04-16-2012 12:04 AM
54 123
tools
    Anyone else see this today? Rumor: HTC EVO 3D to Go to Virgin Mobile as HTC EVO V 4G

Looks like it could be our first 4G phone.

Sent from space
    04-02-2012 07:54 PM
    Ooh. Intriguing. love my OV but this could end up replacing it.
    04-02-2012 08:14 PM
    I posted it earlier in the OneV thread.
    If it happens, I'm buying.
    drm1992 likes this.
    04-02-2012 08:21 PM
    I would definitely buy it haha

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-02-2012 08:28 PM
    If it comes, I know what I want for my birthday
    04-02-2012 08:30 PM
    No doubt about it. Getting it on the release date
    04-02-2012 09:06 PM
    I posted it earlier in the OneV thread.
    If it happens, I'm buying.
    I (and the rest of us) will be waiting for a fresh rom coked up for this baby.

Optimus V, you have served me well.
    drm1992 likes this.
    04-02-2012 09:57 PM
    I posted this earlier in the "Rumored " section, and was beginning to wonder why it wasn't getting any hits. Since I was not familiar with this model I thought for a moment this was not a good choice. But after a little research, all I can say is I will be considering this.
    04-02-2012 10:08 PM
    Yeah, day one buy.
    04-02-2012 10:12 PM
    This is my fear everyone flocks to the new cool phone

Sent from my Ice Cream Sandwitch using Taptalk
    04-02-2012 10:15 PM

It could actually be better, because devs wouldn't be super worried about bricking it

04-02-2012 10:49 PM
    It could actually be better, because devs wouldn't be super worried about bricking it

devs aren't too worried bout bricking the v. Not many cases where you can't pull it out of its slumber.

Sent from your mom's phone.
    04-02-2012 11:03 PM

I love my V and don't want development to die

04-02-2012 11:50 PM
    I would immediately come back to VM if this phone is released to them haha.

EDIT: Is Sprint going to continue deploying Wimax once they release LTE?
    04-03-2012 12:01 AM
    This phone would make me consider coming back. My biggest issue is coverage. Hell if they would increase the sprint network coverage area for non roaming I would come back to the OV. I wish I would have never bought my sgs4g, the phone is awesome but the dev community is atrocious. I told them tonight if they didnt like me calling them out for being douchebags to buy me a new phone .
    04-03-2012 01:14 AM
    I love my V and don't want development to die

I'm saying development might not die because this wouldn't be there main phone. Which means development might increase because they don't have to worry about bricking their main phone

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-03-2012 01:17 AM
    How I read this article:

It looks like Sprint might be blah blah blah blah blah blah 4.3 inch qHD glasses-free 3D display blah blah blah...
    HALLELUJAH! Been waiting forever for Virgin to get another phone with a screen bigger than 3.2"! Even the One V's 3.7" screen still seems too small to me. I love my Optimus V, don't get me wrong, but the screen feels so small it drives me crazy sometimes. I really really hope this rumor turns out to be true, fingers crossed!
    04-03-2012 01:50 AM
    This will definitely be a must get for me if this is true.

04-03-2012 02:54 AM
    EDIT: Is Sprint going to continue deploying Wimax once they release LTE?
    No they already announced no more work on that.

Not that it matters, 4g uses sooooo much battery on the Evos it's not funny. You won't want to use it except in very rare instances. On the Evo 4g, you can almost watch the battery drop when you use it.

On the other hand, it's a fantastic phone.

Many will go, and we will get a LOT more people on Virgin, but, it's not exactly like the OV has no roms.
    Also, remember, while many say they will right away, this phone will be around $300, it will take many a while to get the money for it.
    04-03-2012 04:32 AM

Not that it matters, 4g uses sooooo much battery on the Evos it's not funny. You won't want to use it except in very rare instances. On the Evo 4g, you can almost watch the battery drop when you use it.

Many will go, and we will get a LOT more people on Virgin, but, it's not exactly like the OV has no roms.
    Also, remember, while many say they will right away, this phone will be around $300, it will take many a while to get the money for it.
    Exactly. I've seen a few posts now, people saying that development for the V will die out like it's the worst thing in the world. To me, that isn't fair to the developers to say, we have a slew of gingerbread roms that are daily drivers, along with Harmonia froyo, stock roms, etc...besides ICS, what else do you want?

04-03-2012 09:55 AM
    If VM does indeed get this phone, I will definitely be buying it....
    04-03-2012 10:08 AM

Gah, thats a disappointment. But I've heard Sprint's boosting their 3G speeds up a bit, and I checked on their site that they're upgrading the tower near my house soon. Back on Virgin I would get 500-700 kbps while my friend with an Epic would get 800-1000 kbps at the same time. It wasn't that horrible, but I jumped on T-Mobile for the better phone and "4G", but honestly I'm only getting 1-3 Mbps near my home. I've heard that people with the upgraded Sprint network speeds are getting MUCH better speeds up to around 2Mbps. The speeds I'm getting with T-Mobile are perfectly fine for what I want, and if I could get 1-2Mbps on Virgin after this upgrade I won't even need 4G anyway. Sounds like it might be a good time to come back :P. I just hope the Evo 3D or Evo V 4g whatever they're calling it is at a decent price...

EDIT: Oh yeah and I'm getting tired of Samsung phones. The first feature phone I had was riddled with problems. My current Sammy has a weird space between the screen and the phone... It's not bad, but I'm afraid of water seeping into the phone through it. Plus I'm not getting the ICS update for sure. Sammy said the Galaxy W won't get it, and considering that the EII4G is a variant, neither will I. My friend's Epic has had to be reset several times due to "problems", and he won't get ICS either because Sammy is lazy as hell. HTC phones tend to be amazingly well built and the Evo 3D IS getting ICS. What more needs to be said?
    04-03-2012 02:40 PM
    Exactly. I've seen a few posts now, people saying that development for the V will die out like it's the worst thing in the world. To me, that isn't fair to the developers to say, we have a slew of gingerbread roms that are daily drivers, along with Harmonia froyo, stock roms, etc...besides ICS, what else do you want?

Many of you don't realize how good you have it on this phone.
    Don't go comparing your experience with the OV as the norm (in fact it's just the opposite), and you really shouldn't complain when many of the devs finally move on.

If you think things will be bad, go look for roms for the Wildfire S or the Optimus M, U or other variants of our phone. They never had even a quarter of the roms the OV has, so when you are left with 10 great roms that are slowly aging, you are are still FAAAAR ahead.

The OV has defied a TON of odds against it to get where it is and it's not like people staying will be left in the dark. More devs will come along, granted a much slower pace, but you have a great selection already and it's not like they will stop working in the near future. The only reason some old roms are gone is due to broken links and VM changing the parts. Even if development had stopped months ago, we could still use those older roms.

If we do get the Evo 3d, it will be a serious boon because there is already a TON of roms for it, all the issues have been solved already so you won't be waiting on mms for CM7 and such (you may have to wait for ICS though).
    EnMod likes this.
    04-03-2012 05:34 PM

Good devices take forever to die. There is still (a small amount of) active development for the g1, the lowest spec android phone I can think of. The ov has plenty of potential, I don't see it dieing anytime soon.
    04-03-2012 06:24 PM
    It's not like a rom stops working when a dev leaves.
    Irate Iguana and CloudBusterr like this.
    04-03-2012 11:52 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD