Turn Off Safe Mode in LG Optimus V

netspeedz

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I have an LG Optimus V that I can't get out of Safe Mode. I've tried removing battery, delete cache, etc in recovery mode, reset to factory defaults - None of these things work. If I could get a file manager application installed on it, I probably could flash to another custom recovery, however, in safe mode that is not an option.

Any assistance wold be appreciated.

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
So it's basically still rooted correct?
Then I would say try going into emergency mode. There is another thread posted on how to do this.
instead of using the power volume down and home --I believe its power volume up and home.
never actually went into that myself personally

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Okay so that being said, I guess we will need some more information as far as what was done Before it got stuck in safe mode to give you some better information or advice

netspeedz

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
This was an eBay purchase. Haven't got a clue on what was done before it was sold.

Okay so that being said, I guess we will need some more information as far as what was done Before it got stuck in safe mode to give you some better information or advice

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
In safe mode, can you mount USB storage? If so, you should be able to flash a custom recovery using terminal emulator or ADB through your PC as long as you can mount USB storage and enable USB debugging.

If you can't download market apps, but can mount USB storage, you can copy the APKs for Gingerbreak, and Terminal Emulator, and use those to flash recovery. If you can't mount USB storage, can you e-mail the APKs to yourself and download them straight to the phone and install them that way?

netspeedz

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Appreciate the reply.

I have no idea how to do any of what you recommend. I would need some more detailed instruction before I could say the phone can mount USB storage.

I did FTP gingerbreak.apk to a website I maintain and tried to download and install. The phone reports that it was installed, however, when looking at the application drawer, no gingerbreak app is visible.

In safe mode, can you mount USB storage? If so, you should be able to flash a custom recovery using terminal emulator or ADB through your PC as long as you can mount USB storage and enable USB debugging.

If you can't download market apps, but can mount USB storage, you can copy the APKs for Gingerbreak, and Terminal Emulator, and use those to flash recovery. If you can't mount USB storage, can you e-mail the APKs to yourself and download them straight to the phone and install them that way?

Moh Noer

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
i just had the same problem my LG SAFE MODE can't go away, but till i update Operation system i's gone !, so may be you reinstall fact, my setting all fine! enjoy!

anonymos1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
hold your power button and volume up button down together for 10-15 secs. it causes cold boot and restarts the phone and safe mode shuts off.

leekers

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
anonymos1, thanks a bundle , I had been in safe mode for days, just followed your instructions and everything is back to normal and safe mode gone. Cheers.

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

This was a great list of options. Also, I've used another phone before as an SD card vessel.

mary deaton

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I've tried to reset my lg optimus f3 multiple times to rid it of the safe mode, but no luck. Tried Master Resetting Using Through The Settings Menu and
Master Resetting Using Hardware Buttons neither work. I did not download any new apps when it went into safe mode, was texting and it said " no sim card" and went into safe mode. Can you help?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463