Weird Behavior All-Round?

niftypixel

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, first and foremost let me say I've googled around a bit, searched here, I'm not particularly sure of anyone answer, I've tried a few ideas and some worked some didn't, but it's still not right.

I've purchased another V (for family member) and I decided to link it to my account to toy with it for a while as a secondary (did a few random things on it like DroidCam, etc etc). I then did a factory reset (note: it's never been rooted, was all stock), and linked it to their gmail account, etc.

Everythings up/running great, but there are some issues I've noticed:
1) The marketplace didn't want to update to Play Store for a while, I found answers for that here and got that worked out

2) Apps aren't showing up in the marketplace (Tried to use market fixer but need root), after some-time the 'default installed' ones show in 'All' however you have to manually go in to each and hit update (unlike usual with a 'update all' etc area).

3) The 'Email' app doesn't show any emails (though it's sending notifications to the statusbar when a new one is received and when clicked it WILL show the email (and others when pressing back) however, going back to Email again shows nothing, sometimes giving the error 'Connection Unavailable' or something similar (can't get it to produce this msg atm for exact wording).

4) Lastly, I've noticed an app on here that I myself did not have on stock, which is 'UberSocial for Twitter', I personally moved from stock relatively quickly after purchase of mine, so maybe I just didn't notice it before?.

5) Some downloads now show a prompt after clicking download stating 'it will begin shortly', taking quite a while to start, unlike normally (just click Agree & DL and it starts).

I've tried restoring to stock 3 times now. I'm starting to think it's somehow because play.google.com still lists that device under My account too (not just theirs) ? It states I cannot remove a device, only 'hide' it in the playstore, but would linking it to mine before hand cause all these issues?.

I'm not really sure what to do/make of it as It's all stock through and through (haven't activated the phone yet, all through wifi atm).

Any thoughts/ideas would greatly be appreciated!

niftypixel

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
It's almost staggering that no ones weighed in on this with so many well informed members, it actually concerns me (for any potential/possibility of remedy!) lol

Raul720

May 7, 2011
Visit site
You should try a clean install. After a while any rom usually begins acting up.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
You say you're having problems with a newly purchased phone, running stock, not rooted? Why not just call VM?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad