Triumph Upgrade?

DirtyHippy

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Buddy no longer wants his phone and offering me it for $100 the question is would you do it and is it worth it? His phone is in good shape I helped him root and all that jazz.

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
It's a ok phone, and with a custom ROM, it fixes the problems the stock ROM had. And for 100, seems like a good deal. I'll still be with the ov though xD.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I'd say wait it out for the new phones coming to VM. I'm conflicted over the Ove V and the Evo 3D. They are both WAY better then the triumph will ever be, and will most likely see a ton of development. Since the Evo 3D has been out for awhile already, it already has a bunch of ROMs that will be easy to port to the VM version (afaik).

economichitman

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Ill never buy a triumph because of the crappy radio/antenna issues. GPS takes longer to get a fix, less reception than the V. Poor build quality. Since my cell is my only phone, having the best reception possible is pretty critical to me.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I'd say wait it out for the new phones coming to VM. I'm conflicted over the Ove V and the Evo 3D. They are both WAY better then the triumph will ever be, and will most likely see a ton of development. Since the Evo 3D has been out for awhile already, it already has a bunch of ROMs that will be easy to port to the VM version (afaik).

I agree! If that One V comes, Im all over that phone. Its good even without needing root. :p

Ill never buy a triumph because of the crappy radio/antenna issues. GPS takes longer to get a fix, less reception than the V. Poor build quality. Since my cell is my only phone, having the best reception possible is pretty critical to me.
Actually, its not all that bad. I previously owned one and gave it to my cousin. He uses it on Wifi and that junk, but overall, its not bad. ;P

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Silence99

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm probably switching next week (my birthday :) ) to a Triumph, since Virgin still hasn't gotten anything better, and I want a larger screen, faster processor, more internal storage and the front facing camera. Check out the Triumph Forum over at Android Forums, there is quite a bit of development for the phone, and once a custom ROM is installed, most people seem to really like the Triumph. If so many people took it back or sold it, the resale should be terrible, but it isn't. Used Triumphs still sell for around $200, so if nothing else, you should buy your friends phone and flip it on ebay for a quick 50-75 bucks :)

buzz86us

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I like the OV my main issue is that it is showing its age yet there really isn't anything on virgin mobile that would be much of an upgrade outside of this phone. My solution was just to get a decent smallish tablet and use the OV as a hotspot for it. I wish they'd let you activate your own phones but that is sprint for you. I'd have my Droid Incredible on here in a second if I could.

Reactions: dwappo

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I like the OV my main issue is that it is showing its age yet there really isn't anything on virgin mobile that would be much of an upgrade outside of this phone. My solution was just to get a decent smallish tablet and use the OV as a hotspot for it. I wish they'd let you activate your own phones but that is sprint for you. I'd have my Droid Incredible on here in a second if I could.

It's the only VM phone that's the "best", buy still, they need to get with the program before people switch to TMobile regardless of their 25$ plan.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Since the Triumph is made by Huawei there are QC issues. But if your friend has a good working unit with no issues then you won't have any problems.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz