Is the HTC EVO 3D really coming to Virgin Mobile USA?

kakapopo

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't want an HTC phone. I want to root and install roms and doing it on HTC's is difficult. Please say its not true and its just a tumor and they are getting a phone just as good and non HTC.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
HTC is not difficult, at least not on higher end models.

Rooting my Evo 4g took about 2 minutes. I downloaded a program, copied a files to the SDcard, ran the program and it was rooted and unlocked. It was FAR easier than rooting my OV.

The Wildfire is a pain because VM wanted it that way, and was before HTC changed their tune on rooting. HTC has been releasing unlock tools for a while now for higher end phones and being that the 3D has been around a while, I suspect it will be rooted on day one.

As for VM getting it, I REALLY hope they do.
It would change the playing field dramatically for prepaid. Besides that, it's a darn nice phone. From what I have seen, HTC phones are some of the nicest phones out there.

Reactions: glarepate

dansho

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

Rooting my Evo 4g took about 2 minutes. I downloaded a program, copied a files to the SDcard, ran the program and it was rooted and unlocked. It was FAR easier than rooting my OV.

Bought a HTC Sensation...S_Off, install recovery, and unrooting took around 4 minutes...and like LeslieAnn said it was easier to root than my Optimus V. Great phone by the way...very speedy...great camera...and wonderfully larger screen! Plentiful selection of custom ROM's available too...very active development community.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeslieAnn

frostyon420

Banned
Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

The Wildfire is a pain because VM wanted it that way, and was before HTC changed their tune on rooting. HTC has been releasing unlock tools for a while now for higher end phones and being that the 3D has been around a while, I suspect it will be rooted on day one.

As for VM getting it, I REALLY hope they do.
It would change the playing field dramatically for prepaid. Besides that, it's a darn nice phone. From what I have seen, HTC phones are some of the nicest phones out there.

Gotta agree with Leslie on this one. HTC phones are pretty easy. Revolutionary made rooting my Thunderbolt a breeze

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: LeslieAnn

kakapopo

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
really because I hage a optimus v and I rooted it with gingerbreak and have flashed several roms ever since. Does Gingerbreak work on that phone because I dont know how to root using other methods.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Which phone is,difficult? The N1 is easy...

Oh, alot of it depends on dev support. A phone with a big active dev community EASY... like the OV! :D

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

frostyon420

Banned
Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
really because I hage a optimus v and I rooted it with gingerbreak and have flashed several roms ever since. Does Gingerbreak work on that phone because I dont know how to root using other methods.

I thought the same thing but the tool may not have been developed yet. Who knows lol I did the same thing used gingerbreak and flashed with a certain GUI ;-)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2