Optimus Elite @ Walmart.com

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
not impressed. vm is beating around the bush with all these optimus variants and not releasing anything as good as or better than their moto triumph.

epicb0dyc0unt

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I was literally just going to post about this. I think the only good thing about this phone is that it's got that standard 3.5" screen. The crappy thing is the 800mhz processor

economichitman

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
768mhz on my V is good enough, so 800mhz on a 3.5" screen is exactly what I want in a phone. I'm gonna jump on this before the $35 deadline

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
It's not on their website yet... O-o

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

Ps4601

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
It's a nice phone, at that price they may bring the V's price down or discontinue it completely. Then they'll have a real excuse not to give us that GB update. Anyway, I don't plan on getting it, instead I'm going to get the HTC One V. Better specs + ICS looks awesome. And that ImageSense technology.... I'm used to carrying only one device around with me, so the camera should be good enough for random shots here and there.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I meant in the near future and only in terms of Virgin still selling it.

Roms for this phone will survive for quite some time, and yes, the new one will need roms to really take off. Which is something that could be an issue for it.

I suspect the Evo 3D will be the next big thing on VM. It may be expensive, but it's a killer phone, with a good reputation and good developer support already behind it. The price will be it's only holdup. To me, it marks a major strategy shift by Sprint.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I meant in the near future and only in terms of Virgin still selling it.

Roms for this phone will survive for quite some time, and yes, the new one will need roms to really take off. Which is something that could be an issue for it.

I suspect the Evo 3D will be the next big thing on VM. It may be expensive, but it's a killer phone, with a good reputation and good developer support already behind it. The price will be it's only holdup. To me, it marks a major strategy shift by Sprint.

the evos would probably kill it off. The only thing im afraid of right now is the monthly prices raising when the "4g" rolls out. but i doubt that. a lot of people would leave for t-mobile for that

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
the evos would probably kill it off. The only thing im afraid of right now is the monthly prices raising when the "4g" rolls out. but i doubt that. a lot of people would leave for t-mobile for that

You can bet not many people will. If your looking for 4G T-mo will beat VM until they get LTE. Sprints current 4G/wimax is subpar to T-Mo.

LeslieAnn mentioned the one thing that will be the deciding factor. Rom support. I can speak from experience that unless a device has good roms not many people will buy it. I regret every day for buying a SGS4G the xda community is atrocious and arrogant and that is pretty much the only android forum for it. All others are fragmented versions of xda.

Ps4601

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

Evo 3d or the One V. I'm going to choose whichever is cheaper anyway. Virgin won't have to pay for the ICS update if it's already there, right? But I doubt they'll pay for the Evo's update, since they haven't payed for the OV, the Slider, or any other phone on Froyo for that matter. Does virgin have a single GB phone yet? And I obviously mean stock.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Evo 3d or the One V. I'm going to choose whichever is cheaper anyway. Virgin won't have to pay for the ICS update if it's already there, right? But I doubt they'll pay for the Evo's update, since they haven't payed for the OV, the Slider, or any other phone on Froyo for that matter. Does virgin have a single GB phone yet? And I obviously mean stock.

Um the Slider and the Htc Wildfire have stock 2.3.

As for paying for updates..Carriers dont pay for a update like buying a new os for your pc. They have to pay for their devs to port it to there network.

As for the rest. Any new phone released will either have ICS or will have to be updated to ICS as soon as possible. People will stop buying new phones that dont have the newest os eventually.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
You can bet not many people will. If your looking for 4G T-mo will beat VM until they get LTE. Sprints current 4G/wimax is subpar to T-Mo.

LeslieAnn mentioned the one thing that will be the deciding factor. Rom support. I can speak from experience that unless a device has good roms not many people will buy it. I regret every day for buying a SGS4G the xda community is atrocious and arrogant and that is pretty much the only android forum for it. All others are fragmented versions of xda.

I meant if the prices are raised people will leave vm and go to t mobile

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
virgin mobile is hip to the Modding going on. thats the only reason they released the so called radio update. it actually does more to prevent modding than it does for anything else. i suspect they have already implemented possible roadblocks for this optimus variant. virgin mobile are a bunch of tight asses in that regard. ive dealt with them since the company formed and sold their first java app capable phone. they locked those down so tight the only apps you could get were either from their crap pay selections or opera browser. and that was only allowed because mini saved them on data use.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Don't count on T-Mobile being a deterent.
The minutes vs. Data ratio is terrible. 100 minutes? Really?
Yeah, they have another option, but exceed your data quota and they chop you WAAAY down on speed. Also coverage is different than Sprint, I won't say better or worse, just different, and won't work for everyone.

If you use your phone like most people VM is still hard to beat even at $35.
Want proof? VM grew 2.5%(?) last quarter, despite raising rates. Losses were relatively minor, meaning people aren't leaving due to the price increase like we think. Most VM users are not us.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Don't count on T-Mobile being a deterent.
The minutes vs. Data ratio is terrible. 100 minutes? Really?
Yeah, they have another option, but exceed your data quota and they chop you WAAAY down on speed. Also coverage is different than Sprint, I won't say better or worse, just different, and won't work for everyone.

If you use your phone like most people VM is still hard to beat even at $35.
Want proof? VM grew 2.5%(?) last quarter, despite raising rates. Losses were relatively minor, meaning people aren't leaving due to the price increase like we think. Most VM users are not us.

there's no way around it. vm is NOT competitive with straight talk. they just aren't. and being cut by st after 200 mb a day...doesnt bother me,i rarely use 200 a day.. my point is this,for a PHONE conpany...they don't offer very much on the PHONE end.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1