Neccessary to run a virus-protection app?

Jakethedrummer

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I run Lookout, but I have been wondering if it is even worth it? Do these apps actually do anything? Or are the viruses so well written that they miss them? I was wondering since it takes a considerable amount of space on my Optimus V.

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't bother. It's pretty hard to get infected and even if you do you can just restore the phone and get rid of it.

I'm running a custom ROM so all I'd have to do is reflash.

Jakethedrummer

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't bother. It's pretty hard to get infected and even if you do you can just restore the phone and get rid of it.

I'm running a custom ROM so all I'd have to do is reflash.

Good point. Im completely stock right now, and want to learn more about the terms and systems used for rooting, flashing, etc. before I do anything that could permanently damage my phone.

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I have lookout so if I loose my phone I can tell where it is and having the added Virus scanner is handy if at all anything goes wrong. Which would be rare.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Lookout is all you really need. Most reports u hear are blown up. and feed on your fears. Like said if something goes wrong just factory wipe your phone and poof done

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

RT78

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I have lookout so if I loose my phone I can tell where it is and having the added Virus scanner is handy if at all anything goes wrong. Which would be rare.

I agree. I also have seekdroid installed. I really don't need two security apps but seekdroid was the free app of the day on Amazon several months back and is more feature rich in case of a lost or stolen phone. As for the virus scanner, I'm with the others. I don't think it's needed, but I "feel" better when I see "Lookout is scanning...":rolleyes:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

drm1992

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
A while ago I did a virus scan and it said super user was a virus hahaha so don't bother with it.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan