Which phone are you upgrading to (if you are)?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
There are so many meat looking roms at the xda 3d forum. I wonder if we'll be able to port those roms or even flash them.

There is already a beta build of Harmonia 2 online, waiting for the phone. :p
It's actually only beta because we don't know if the phone will be any different or if the firmware could cause issues or whatever, but it should work.

AOKP should be portable in in minutes, as can some AOSP.
I may kick them out, or an MMS patch for them, before the phone arrives, as that should be all that is needed.

We probably won't get Sense roms with working mms to cross over so easily.

Last edited:

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Just made a couple calls to Radio Shack. Same story as yesterday, they have no clue.

Gonna call Target this afternoon.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
If anyone orders from Radio Shack, use promo code SAVE20 and you'll get $20 off.

I haven't ordered yet because there's still that small part of me that wants the GNEX on straight talk, even though I know the Evo is the safer and probably smarter choice.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If anyone orders from Radio Shack, use promo code SAVE20 and you'll get $20 off.

I haven't ordered yet because there's still that small part of me that wants the GNEX on straight talk, even though I know the Evo is the safer and probably smarter choice.

I wouldnt jump to ST. My daughters best friend just lost her ST plan. The number she was using was her moms old landline of 10 years. They are trying to get ST to turn it back on under a regular dumbphone. If they do T-Mo will be gaining a new customer.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to go for the Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ version, now that it's only $399...it'll go perfectly with my T-mobile $30 unlimited data plan :D

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm hesitant to preorder this on Radio Shack just because I'm still holding out hope that it's available in a store before the 31st. I would rather pick it up somewhere and have it early than wait for shipping times.

_Severability_

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm hesitant to preorder this on Radio Shack just because I'm still holding out hope that it's available in a store before the 31st. I would rather pick it up somewhere and have it early than wait for shipping times.

Ditto.. Gonna have a peek today @ RS.. Let ya know how it goes.. Unless the preorder is a head fake it will be June before we can get them at a store imo.. Hope I'm wrong..

Last edited:

_Severability_

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Just got back from my local RS and to make a long story short they asked me what a Evo V is and it went downhill from there.. :( I saw no Optimus Elite's there either.. Our Walmart has the Elite..

Small Town.. Be reading reviews about for a while before we get it here me thinks.. They will get 10 or so in here and 9 of them will sit there till I break the first Evo they sell me lmao.. GL

Last edited: