Which phone are you upgrading to (if you are)?

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
One question I have is what the return policies are. I've decided to get the Evo 3d over the nexus because I simply trust VM over Straight Talk. Do I have 30 days of let's say I get the phone and don't really care for it?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Normally that is the standard. I would ask when buying it to make sure.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
waaaaiiit hold up, did you not see what it said when it said "Now Available at these retailer"....it says "Available 6/10". Are they saying it won't be in stores until June 10th?

oooh....good catch.....

preorder may be the way to go then.
This is just speculation. It appears even if you pre-order from one of the retailers It will not arrive until after the 31st.

Im not even sure ordering from VM will get the phone to you on that day.

Coming 5/31
That little tid bit makes me think it will be available to order after that date. Technically its released but just not available then so they CTOA.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, looks like the fastest option is probably to preorder from RadioShack with next day shipping. If it actually ships on 5/31, I would probably have it on the 1st (next Friday).

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
waaaaiiit hold up, did you not see what it said when it said "Now Available at these retailer"....it says "Available 6/10". Are they saying it won't be in stores until June 10th?

Interesting catch.

My guess is that VM is onto stores having them out early maybe and is making it so they all have it the same day or so. So when VM ships them out the 31st, it will take 3-5days to arrive, which is pretty much the exact same time stores would get them in. If they shipped out to stores the same day.

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Interesting catch.

My guess is that VM is onto stores having them out early maybe and is making it so they all have it the same day or so. So when VM ships them out the 31st, it will take 3-5days to arrive, which is pretty much the exact same time stores would get them in. If they shipped out to stores the same day.

Great, now it seems like we have to wait even longer -_-. I need a time machine.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
We don't know that for sure yet.
I hate mail ordering something like this though, as returns can be terrible to deal with.

I don't plan to, I'm just gonna wait until it comes out in store. I like to see what I'm getting.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't buy direct, because often times when there is a problem, the company will rend you back a refurb. Search around a lot of warrantied OV's have issues, because they ran a few quick tests and determined that it was user error, even though there really is a problem with the phone. Every company does this. Read the warranty, they don't guarantee you a new item if you return it, even if you just bought it that day.

Buy from a store and the store gives you a new item instead and you get it right then, (if it's in stock) or you get your money back.

My plan is this...
My plan re-ups on the 27th, I plan to switch to the $35 plan that day. That way I can activate immediately without being double charged (and you will be!).

Second, I am going to be calling around tomorrow, and mon/tues/wed. for either a phone or inf. If we still know nothing more, and I can't find it, I will call Radio Shack mail order and see if they have a time estimate, and based on that, either wait and buy local or pre-order from Radio Shack using the SAVE20 code, and 2nd day, ship to store. This gets me the phone in about as short of time as possible, and comes in at $318 total. About what you will pay in the store, and should be just as fast, provided they don't sell out by then.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Update:
I talked to Radio Shack corporate, phones will be shipped to stores and customers the 31st.

So, unless you order special shipping, you really won't get it any faster by pre-ordering, but you might save $20 and avoid it being sold out.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. Thanks Leslie. So if I order mine with next day shopping I'll have it next Friday.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to have to go with the Elite. I was looking at the HTC One V but i prefer a more vanilla experience, not a big fan of manufacturer overlays. My wife bought an Elite and I ran a few tests on it. It has a total user memory of over 2.5 gigs, internal memory shows 1.86 gb (if i remember right) and available memory of a little more than 800kb. Downloaded apps go to available memory, but can be moved to internal. This means no more need for link2sd or similar methods. The CPU is actually clocked at1024 mhz, instead of the listed 800mhz. This has been confirmed by a variety of benchmark and CPU apps. Quadrant Standard returns a score of over 2000. Add in the NFC chip and Google Wallet, and I'm sold. Especially for the low price of $129.99 at Bestbuy.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
On a positive note, I've been reading a lot at the xda Evo 3d forums, and I feel fortunate that we'll have a fully functional ICS ROM while Sprint users are still trying to work out the bugs. And we get this without a custom ROM! :)

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
On a positive note, I've been reading a lot at the xda Evo 3d forums, and I feel fortunate that we'll have a fully functional ICS ROM while Sprint users are still trying to work out the bugs. And we get this without a custom ROM! :)

But it's Sense 3.6 not 4.0:(

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
rant about Radioshack......

All I want to do is use three $25 AMEX gift cards to take a little bit off the price and they have no way of accepting them. How annoying....

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
rant about Radioshack......

All I want to do is use three $25 AMEX gift cards to take a little bit off the price and they have no way of accepting them. How annoying....

Do they not accept amex? They should just be able to run it as credit

sent from my Nokia 5110

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2