GPS doesn't work anymore

payterx

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
OK here is my problem:

I use GPS on my phone a lot, and it doesn't work anymore. When you click on google maps and press my location, it usually locks down with 5 meter accuracy in a couple of seconds. The other 3 Optimus V's in my house do, at least.

On mine though, the blue circle that you could be in is very wide. So wide that it thinks I am 2 cities below where I actually am, and it says accurate to within 13k meters. I have only had this phone for less than a month and as far as I remember the GPS worked when I first got it.

I went back to stock firmware to see if that was the problem and it still won't work, and I tried GPS Fix app from the marketplace and that didn't work.

Any ideas how to fix it?

SomeNameHere

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I have this problem too. Happens periodically after Google Maps updates. When I first got my phone GPS worked fine, got a Maps update and it quit working. I had given up on it and got another Maps update and it started working again. This week some time I got another Maps update and GPS quit working again.

I suspect it's not Maps itself that is causing the problem, but something the installation process tweaks and screws up because I can completely uninstall Maps (I'm running CM7) and my GPS still won't work.

It's really pissing me off. I have a business trip to the UK next month and was counting on using my GPS to navigate around. Fraking Google!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek