curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
VM staff on FB say that roaming will take effect on July 1st

so what kind of costs are they saying will be incurred if any? i think roaming is needed in some locations where sprint doesn't have towers. but with that being said,im not paying one cent more for it. ive been in areas locally where all signal drops out and needed to make a call and couldn't. ive done without it this long. so it isnt that big of a deal to me. definitely not worth being nickle and dimed to death over.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

Noah390

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Roaming would be awesome if it is free. I have horrid coverage most places

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

lattimorej1986

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
so what kind of costs are they saying will be incurred if any? i think roaming is needed in some locations where sprint doesn't have towers. but with that being said,im not paying one cent more for it. ive been in areas locally where all signal drops out and needed to make a call and couldn't. ive done without it this long. so it isnt that big of a deal to me. definitely not worth being nickle and dimed to death over.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

Agreed.

Sent from my MiRaGe'D Optimus V

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I would gladly pay a bit extra to roam. This is awesome news, if it is true.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Leslie Ann mentioned this over on VMroms so its not like this is just one person hearing a rumor.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
so what kind of costs are they saying will be incurred if any?
Supposedly it will be free (probably requiring a $35 plan).

Can we get a link to the post? I'm not seeing it anywhere.
I don't know how anyone finds anything on there.
I only heard about, I didn't see the post and I have Facebook blocked by my adblocker. If I see any mor eon it I will post it though.

Its really hard to believe anything VM says at this point
Any wonder why I call them semi-trained monkeys.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Roaming is apparently mentioned in the new T.O.S.
There is speculation that not all phones will even be capable, which is also in the T.O.S.
The term "roaming" typically refers to coverage on another carrier's network that we may make available to you based on our agreements with other carriers. These agreements may change from time to time, and roaming coverage is subject to change without notice. Your ability to receive roaming coverage depends on the radio transmissions your Device can pick up and the availability of roaming coverage. We make no guarantee that roaming coverage will be available. Roaming coverage may exist both within and outside our network coverage areas. Your Device will generally indicate when you're roaming. Depending on your Services, separate charges or limits on the amount of minutes used while roaming may apply. Certain Services may not be available or work the same when roaming (for example, data Services, voicemail, call waiting, etc.). For information on whether roaming applies, see your service plan details.

Here is a screenshot from Facebook post Darkencypher from Android Forums grabbed.
0bux7.jpg

Reactions: cole2kb

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Can we get a link to the post? I'm not seeing it anywhere.

yeah i looked on fb and didnt see it either. edit: duh i see it now lol..the screen didn't appear for me until i posted

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Supposedly it will be free (probably requiring a $35 plan).

I don't know how anyone finds anything on there.
I only heard about, I didn't see the post and I have Facebook blocked by my adblocker. If I see any mor eon it I will post it though.

Any wonder why I call them semi-trained monkeys.

lol i agree on blocking facebook. their info wh*res lmao...wanted me to login just to read a public companies posts...i wouldnt have another facebook account

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I get pretty good service in my area but having less no service areas sounds good to me. One thing to note though is that the OV doesn't have a built in function to update prl. Correct me if I'm wrong but to roam I think the prl would have to be updated.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I get pretty good service in my area but having less no service areas sounds good to me. One thing to note though is that the OV doesn't have a built in function to update prl. Correct me if I'm wrong but to roam I think the prl would have to be updated.
An updated PRL would help, but shouldn't matter on relatively newer phones.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I'd imagine taking a PRL from a newer phone that is confirmed to roam and putting it on our OVs would let us roam. Maybe not though. *shrug* Guess we will see.

Ksjuggalo

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Would be nice. I just moved to an area not covered by VM. Sprint here but no VM. using my OV on wifi only right now. But that's a month away. I don't wanna pay for service for a month of no use. Hmmmm what to do. Change carriers or not?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I live in Watertown, SD. 5 miles north, east, or west and i have no service. I'll take some roaming, please!

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Would be nice. I just moved to an area not covered by VM. Sprint here but no VM. using my OV on wifi only right now. But that's a month away. I don't wanna pay for service for a month of no use. Hmmmm what to do. Change carriers or not?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

That's weird, VM runs off Sprints network so if Sprint has coverage there your VM phone should work

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Wonder once roaming starts if we can use QPST on our OV's to change network from home only to auto and get roaming service on our OV's?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835