Optimus V service code?

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I'm starting a new thread because I need some information. Dialing the debug code Asadullah shared in brings up a "Service code" demand. Anyone know the service code for the OV? I just moved to Colorado Springs, and the reception in my building is terrible. I am trying to get see if my phone antenna is signal boosting and how exactly it does. I believe it is, and that that the reason why my battery is draining incredibly fast.

Thank you!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello! I'm starting a new thread because I need some information. Dialing the debug code Asadullah shared in brings up a "Service code" demand. Anyone know the service code for the OV? I just moved to Colorado Springs, and the reception in my building is terrible. I am trying to get see if my phone antenna is signal boosting and how exactly it does. I believe it is, and that that the reason why my battery is draining incredibly fast.

Thank you!

I think all of the service codes are different. The reason your battery is draining is because you have bad signal and it uses more power to search for signal

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I think all of the service codes are different. The reason your battery is draining is because you have bad signal and it uses more power to search for signal

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

This is correct.
Your best bet would be to go into your wireless/network settings and enable Airplane Mode. This will save the battery. But as far as what you are able to do with it in that location is limited or even no-existent unfortunately unless you can tap a WiFi connection:(
ZV9 radio??

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank you guys both. I haven't flashed the radio update, in fact I am still on ZV4 radio. Yes, I was told by someone else that the battery drain was due to the antenna amplifier signal booster etc.

I guess if the Service Code is like Metro PCS, it's a hexadecimal that is generated by the phone ESN? I remember having to get my Metro PCS service code in order to enable DUN (dial up networking) to allow me to tether my Samsung SCH-350R... I think I need to do some Googling then!

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
The MSL code for the Optimus V is a 6 digit numeric code that is different on every phone. You can pull the code with cdma workshop.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: droidmyme

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
The MSL code for the Optimus V is a 6 digit numeric code that is different on every phone. You can pull the code with cdma workshop.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Ok great. I tried using the White Rabbit Android SPC generator and it did NOT work.

What is cdma workshop? Is that a piece of software?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty