Bricked.. What to do?

SlickRicky

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok heres the situation.. Earlier on I was having problems with my rom constantly crashing & being all around buggy as hell so I decided to reinstall the rom I was using because I thought a fresh install might fix things up (yes very noobish of me) after I went into recovery and gone thru all the steps into flashing the rom I open up the folder to install the zip and lo an behold, IT'S FUqN AWOL!! WTF??? I must have unknowingly erased it at some point even though I obviously don't recall doing that. I know what you're all thinking "not so slick eh ricky boy".. well to be fair I am going thru an episode of insomnia and it's taken it's toll on my judgement/thinking capabilities. I'm not proud of it but it is what it is. Moving on I just wanna see if there's an easy fix for this as being stuck in recovery/fastboot mode forever is not a very entertaining thought. Also let me clarify right now I do NOT have a backup saved on my SD cuz if I did I wouldn't be stuck in this mess in the first place. If there's anything else you need to know I will do my absolute best to answer in full detail. I must warn you though I am probably the highest pedigree of noob you will ever encounter in your entire life, not kidding. :cool:

Last edited:

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Noob......yes obviously! :-!

You need to read posts in the Rooting, ROMS, Hacks Forum bud
Can be fixed& it's not done for by any means.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
What recovery are you using? You need to put a new rom on your sdcard and gapps if it's not included in the rom. On some recoveries you can go into mounts and storage and enable usb mass storage. If that doesn't work maybe you have a card reader on your puter?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
If you have access to your recovery then just simply download a ROM transfer it to your sd card and flash it

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Can't you just pop your SD Card into your computer, transfer the ROM over, pop it back into your phone and flash it from recovery? You have a working recovery right?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
dont feel bad ricky,i erased my entire sdcard by not paying attention lol,but no you arent bricked,you just need a rom to flash. i connected to phone via pc and used adb to push the rom to sdcard. now i couldn't get the pc to read it as mass storage so thats why i used adb to push,but you may simply be able to just copy it over. either method isnt difficult. best of luck to you :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

dbacon84

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
You might also want to make sure you looked in the right folder for your ROM. I have a bad habit of looking in the wrong place when I get the bright idea of installing stuff while sleep deprived.

SlickRicky

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Okay got it all figured it out just needed to install the drivers and transfer the rom via usb thing worked like charm I guess I just panicked a little when things didn't go to plan o well s'all better now so I'm happy. :) BTW I've been using clockwork recovery. I heard clockworkmod was bad for OV but I haven't had a problem with it so far (going on my 4th rom installation). Is it just the clockwork app that's bad? Never really understood that. Well just thought I'd thank y'all for your help & assurance. Who knows one of these days I might be able to lend in some quality answers.. maybe not lol.. But I'm sure I'll grow my wings eventually. Well thanks again. :D

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
For the record lots of people use some form of a clockworkmod recovery. Its the clockworkmod app called rom manager that gets people scared.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums