Will you be getting the iPhone 4S now that Virgin Mobile has it?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Will you be getting the iPhone 4S now that Virgin Mobile has

When you put it side by side with the Evo 3D, I don't see why anyone would get the 4S. I'm definitely going to consider getting the Evo. Mayhaps you have a side by side spec info comparison?

Apple iPhone 4S vs LG Optimus S vs HTC EVO 3D - Phone specs comparison

The only place Apples really wins is in resolution and talk time, however, Harmonia 3 and a $12 Anker battery gets me 2 days use.

Apple - dual core 800
Evo V - Dual core 1200 (overclockable to 1600)

Reactions: suku92

suku92

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: LeslieAnn

zazilez

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
im overclocked at 1350 on a single core....combined only 1600 for the iphone? Wtf is wrong with that....

Sent from my DROIDX using Liberty v3

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
When you put it side by side with the Evo 3D, I don't see why anyone would get the 4S./QUOTE]

In a word: Facetime.

IIRC, Apple promised to either make the protocol free and open so it would be crossplatform or to license it to anyone who asked... Doesn't look likely to happen any time soon.

I'd imagine that Facetime is a huge driver in Apple's current success these days...

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

IIRC, Apple promised to either make the protocol free and open so it would be crossplatform or to license it to anyone who asked... Doesn't look likely to happen any time soon.

If Jobbie Jobs was still there, it would happen.
With him out of the way, the new guys in charge just want money.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
If Jobbie Jobs was still there, it would happen.
With him out of the way, the new guys in charge just want money.

I read an interesting article about the new Apple CEO, Tim Cook. Before he became CEO he was the CFO. He wasn't a design guy - he met with shareholders and suppliers a lot. Steve Jobs ate lunch with the head design guy everyday. Tim Cook doesn't do that. He is focusing mainly on making the supply chain a lot mor efficient and also paying out dividends.

Long story short, Apple will be a more conservative company moving forward.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I read an interesting article about the new Apple CEO, Tim Cook. Before he became CEO he was the CFO. He wasn't a design guy - he met with shareholders and suppliers a lot. Steve Jobs ate lunch with the head design guy everyday. Tim Cook doesn't do that. He is focusing mainly on making the supply chain a lot mor efficient and also paying out dividends.

Long story short, Apple will be a more conservative company moving forward.

Really? Have you seen how much the new macbook costs? Its all about the money. The only way to be more efficient and pay out the dividends is by increasing profits.

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I remember I used to watch the Keynote on Quicktime every year. Not for the products, really, but just to listen to Steve try to sell me something. That guy made me want to buy everything. :)
But, iPhones are good phones. Yes, Apple has been a little lackluster in updating models, but they're good phones nonetheless.
Honestly? I've always dreamed of the iPhone coming to Virgin Mobile. I mean, I could pay $70 a month for one on another carrier, but why?
And now I can get one for $30 a month? Yes!!
However, I don't think I'll be buying one. My $100 Optimus V has been treating me just fine. With the help of wonderful people across many forums, I have been pushing this phone to the limit and tapping into virtually unlimited potential.
No offense to Apple or the iPhone, but there isn't quite as much freedom with their products. Sure, there's Cydia, and Jailbreaking, but one of their main sellers (appulous) is illegal.
But, to be fair, Apple's products, as tightly programmed as they are, are good quality, so alot of hacks I do on my Optimus the iPhone comes with.
So, to sum up my opinion on Apple Products, they're high quality, but expensive and tightly programmed. What you get is what you get, but it's good!
My opinion on Android? Quality ranges, of course. You can get an expensive high quality Android you can mess around with still, or a cheap one that isn't as high quality but you can still mess with it!
I'm currently on an Optimus V, as I said. Love it. Link2SD, Beats Audio, Overclocked running GingerBread but with a CM7 to make it look like Ice Cream Sandwich. Brilliant.
Maybe, when the Virgin Mobile iPhones flood eBay, I'll buy one.
Until then, I'm staying cheap with my Optimus V and buying high-end Android smartphones with cracked screens and bad ESNs to play with off of eBay.
That's my opinion, sorry for the essay! ;)

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Really? Have you seen how much the new macbook costs? Its all about the money. The only way to be more efficient and pay out the dividends is by increasing profits.

That is what he means.
Less risky new technology, higher prices, more profit.

Apple was an innovator before, they will cease to do that. Taking bold risks was what Jobs did. The Newton, Mini, Cube, Ipod, Iphone, and Ipad, all were revolutionary. Maybe not always original, but very revolutionary. Jobs spent very heavy on R&D, the new guys won't.

Apple makes HUGE profits on each product, but each product also costs a fortune to develop. Imagine if they made as much profit, but could cut the design costs to Dell levels and make even more profit. That is the goal. They don't care about Steve's vision, they want the costs of Dell and even better Apple style profits. Which is what their goal will be, even if they ruin Apple to do it. They don't care what Apple is like in 5 years, they only care about how much they can make RIGHT NOW.

Expect them first to raise prices (already started) and it will be justified as "Hey we are better and this stuff costs money to do", and face it, people will pay it. Then expect component quality to drop, support to take a nosedive, and somewhere along the way, design and innovation will flub as they reduce staff to cut R&D costs.

Jobs always threw up a middle finger to the bean counters,and did it his way to his standards, it's what made the company great. He was always looking for the next great thing to offer. Now, the bean counters are in charge and if they can't see mega profits in something, they won't bother. In 3-5 years the Apple you know will be dead.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Apple was Jobs. Jobs never made products that people wanted. His products were what people didn't know they wanted. Apple's success was the result of Jobs' passion and vision. Without Jobs, my guess is Apple will be one of the many other companies driven by market demand and profit. I know how Apple did without Jobs before. During the time away from Apple, Jobs was doing other wonderful things, like NeXT computer, like Pixar. He was the magic and he is gone now. This is an easy guess: in several years, maybe a decade, Apple will deplete their huge pile of cash and become one of the others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech