Wifi won't turn on or scan

Frank999

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what happen but after having my VM Optimus for over a year all of a sudden my wifi went kaput. In the settings>wireless and network settings the turn on wifi box is always unchecked. I'll tap it to check it. I then tap Wi-Fi settings. Before there was always a list of networks that I've either previously connected to. Now they've all mysteriously disappeared. The phone will try to scan for networks but after awhile a message will appear unable to scan for networks. The phone is stock version (no rooting, roms, whatever) with Froyo 2.2.2

Frank999

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for response. I did dl wifi analyzer. The graph is completely blank. It's not showing my home router that I'm sitting right in front of nor any of my neighbors' wifi.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for response. I did dl wifi analyzer. The graph is completely blank. It's not showing my home router that I'm sitting right in front of nor any of my neighbors' wifi.

Hmm. Idk what to say honestly. Did you buy your OV retail? I would actually try calling customer service on this one. Since you're running the stock setup, they may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Good luck!

Reactions: tachikara

Frank999

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to those who responded.
Droidmyme, the phone was purchased new directly fro VM.
Kalaniboy, does a factory reset mean I'll lose everything such as settings, bookmarks, my current position in Angry Birds, etc?
Gtnunit, I did download and try Fxr Wifi with no success.

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to those who responded.
Droidmyme, the phone was purchased new directly fro VM.
Kalaniboy, does a factory reset mean I'll lose everything such as settings, bookmarks, my current position in Angry Birds, etc?
Gtnunit, I did download and try Fxr Wifi with no success.

Yes, with a factory reset it will delete all your data and put it back to the way it was straight out of the box. I agree that you should call customer service, but they will most likely have you do a factory reset right off the bat.

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes, with a factory reset it will delete all your data and put it back to the way it was straight out of the box. I agree that you should call customer service, but they will most likely have you do a factory reset right off the bat.

Indeed they will, unfortunately. Im sure by now you've done the hole "pull the battery" for like 5minutes by now as well.....
Good luck.
Hell, you may get a replacement if unsuccessful ;)

claireHere

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wifi turned on but it automatically turned off in seconds.

hello, i have a problem with my wifi connection on my galaxy k phone. i was browsing the net when the battery went empty.
i replaced the battery and turned my phone on again. But i wasn't able to use the wifi anymore,it automatically turned off in seconds after i have it turned on,and no more previous wifi spots displayed below. what is wrong with my cellphone?please help how to fix the wifi issue. aside from the wifi problem.everything is okay with my phone.thank you. claire:(

claireHere

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wifi turned on but it automatically turned off in seconds.

hello, i have a problem with my wifi connection on my galaxy k phone. i was browsing the net when the battery went empty.
i replaced the battery and turned my phone on again. But i wasn't able to use the wifi anymore,it automatically turned off in seconds after i have it turned on,and no more previous wifi spots displayed below. what is wrong with my cellphone?please help how to fix the wifi issue. aside from the wifi problem.everything is okay with my phone.thank you. claire

Jane Tully

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Same problem - in the end I jammed my finger onto the on/off button for about fifteen seconds, and it worked. The WiFi button woke up, problem solved. It is what we do with our PCs, no? So why not tablets. Anyway, it works. Desperation over.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
FYI:
Delete your current network from the phone. Turn WiFi off, then turn phone off. Turn router off then unplug. Wait 5 minutes, then turn on router (let it fully boot up). Now try to turn WiFi on and sign into network
This will work to straighten out router, if the router is the culprit. Then if still having problems, at least you know it's not the router for sure.

Posted via Android Central App

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you didn't get in airplane mode somehow and make sure your mobile networks option is check-marked.
If this is good I'd try press and hold the wifi button until it brings up your list(if any). If there are any listed, forget them all then try a rescan or possible reboot.

i have that same problem my wifi wont turn on and says unable to scan and i tried pulling out the battery for 5 minute and it wont work:mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance