Messed up screen?

louis.freund

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone.
Well last night I was using my phone and the screen was working just fine. I turned the screen off but a minute later when I turned it back on, there was a whitish bar around the left of the screen. The touch works just fine, however. I do not believe this to be a ROM issue, as I have rebooted the phone multiples times and the white bar is on the LG screen also. I have dropped my phone before but I don't think that caused my problems since I didn't drop my phone between when it worked fine and stopped working. Could this be water damage? I also don't remember any water damage but I can't be sure. I've included some pictures as a reference (Please bear with me, they're blurry). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!View attachment 35597

View attachment 35598

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
if the problem was not there before installing the paticular rom in question,id try installing a different rom if possible and see if its a screen driver issue. if it isnt that,call virgin mobile and request a replacement device. if its been less than one year they will replace it under warranty for defective hardware.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
The fact that the same thing remains during boot-up, and in the ROM itself makes me think it's a hardware issue. So, just return it to stock and call Virgin, see if they will replace it.

xxlemonxx

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Try re flashing a Rom? Pull battery let it sit, or check the water sticker for water damage.. if its orange then you provably cant get a new one

Sent from my HTC One V

louis.freund

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I called Virgin Mobile and they won't replace it, but a friend of mine is on Sprint and is getting a new phone in a few days. He currently has an Optimus S and he's letting me have it. From what I understand, you can activate it on Virgin Mobile no problem. Is there anything I should know about using an Optimus S on Virgin Mobile? Will my MMS and stuff like that work?

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I called Virgin Mobile and they won't replace it, but a friend of mine is on Sprint and is getting a new phone in a few days. He currently has an Optimus S and he's letting me have it. From what I understand, you can activate it on Virgin Mobile no problem. Is there anything I should know about using an Optimus S on Virgin Mobile? Will my MMS and stuff like that work?

You could use its parts to fix your screen

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Actually yes i do. Just search for optimus v screen repair there are videos on YouTube that show how to do this.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci