Optimus V EOLd?

TauSigmaNova

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I checked up on the VM USA website.

Wildfire, Intercept, Rumor Touch, and Optimus are all out :(
No longer being sold, replaced by ty chaser and Rise.

RIP Optimus V, the best phone I ever had. I love you dearly, you damned slow ass son of a b-
Oh well, what a shame! We need more phone variety on Virgin like Boost has. I also don't understand why they VM doesnt launch more "4G" phones for the horrible WiMAX. If they launch more (preferably under 300 dollar) they could sell more of the 4G things

Anyway, it sucks that they're stopping the Optimus V.

mhersh

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, it's a very old phone, and it was low-end when it was new. It's surprising that it's still such a good phone today. Compared to its peers (lookin' at YOU, Intercept!), it's just leaps and bounds better. This is a budget phone from two years ago. Find me one other budget phone from that time period that's not begging for death today.

I think it's time to move on, but I'm concerned that they will not replace it with something quite as solid. I think LG did a fantastic job with the V, and there aren't a lot of phones today that offer the same bang for the buck.

I occasionally lust after the new phones, but I then I think "what can they do that my Optimus V can't?" They can play more videos, yes. They can do voice/video on Google Talk (needs ARMv7). They can run Chrome. That's about it. And they cost 10x what I paid for this. *shrug*

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463