Cheapest way to Top-up? & Battery

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
1. Anyone know the cheapest way to Top-up monthly? I've been using Callingmart but they've stopped giving discounts.

2. Also, I've been noticing my daily battery life of my opV doesn't seem to be as great as it once was. Is it time to get a new battery? I've had my opV & org. battery since Feb 2011.

Hindolam

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Discount? One is lucky, if one gets at face price. At CallingMart they now charge you extra 3%. I managed to get at a slight discount at Walmart.com

Phatninja55

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Online you can switch to the $25 a month plan.
If you don't have a credit card or debt card, you can go to Walmart and buy a $25 prepaid visa card for like $27 and then pay online. Either way it's still cheaper than the $35 cards.

ph37rd

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
For the Target Debit card, all you need is a blank check. Think of their debit card as an electronic check card. When you swipe it and enter your pin it is just as if you wrote out a check. Takes a day or two to clear your account just like a check would, but no physical paper. Take a blank check into a Target, visit their service desk and tell them you want the Target DEBIT (not red) card. They'll have you fill out a short form that takes your in mailing address, etc. They'll run your check through the register. That reads the routing number and account number then voids the check. They'll give you a temporary number that you can use until your card arrives in the mail. Using the card, you immediately save 5% on everything in the store, including your no-contract phones, top-up cards and even your contract phones. The next thing to do if you can, is when they have sales on their top-up cards, buy several. Periodically, they'll have sales where you save $2-3 dollars per card.

EDIT: The other thing to do is get a job there. Even part-time employees get a 10% discount when using cash or a Target card (see above). And yes you still get the 5% on top of your 10% employee discount.

Locool676

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Here in California, Walmart.com has every card at a $0.10 to $0.13 discount and they do not charge sales tax on them. I find it to be the best deal, and my girlfriend works there, so an additional 10% off was well for our optis.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Phatninja55

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
For the Target Debit card, all you need is a blank check. Think of their debit card as an electronic check card. When you swipe it and enter your pin it is just as if you wrote out a check. Takes a day or two to clear your account just like a check would, but no physical paper. Take a blank check into a Target, visit their service desk and tell them you want the Target DEBIT (not red) card. They'll have you fill out a short form that takes your in mailing address, etc. They'll run your check through the register. That reads the routing number and account number then voids the check. They'll give you a temporary number that you can use until your card arrives in the mail. Using the card, you immediately save 5% on everything in the store, including your no-contract phones, top-up cards and even your contract phones. The next thing to do if you can, is when they have sales on their top-up cards, buy several. Periodically, they'll have sales where you save $2-3 dollars per card.

EDIT: The other thing to do is get a job there. Even part-time employees get a 10% discount when using cash or a Target card (see above). And yes you still get the 5% on top of your 10% employee discount.

Since this is basically a debit card, can you use it to buy stuff online, other than target?

QuinnSF

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Since this is basically a debit card, can you use it to buy stuff online, other than target?

yeah, can you use it online? and can I get the card online instead of at the store?

I'm really tempted to buy from Wal-mart but I really don't want to support them..

Phatninja55

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Online you can switch to the $25 a month plan.
If you don't have a credit card or debt card, you can go to Walmart and buy a $25 prepaid visa card for like $27 and then pay online. Either way it's still cheaper than the $35 cards.

This would be the best way to save money! You can get a prepaid visa card from many places. Walmart, Target, Gas stations.

ph37rd

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
it's not a debit card, it more of an electronic check card. They call it a debit card because it debits your checking account. It would be the same as writing a check, just not using the physical paper and pen.

If you read my post, you take a blank check into a target and they run it through a register. so no you cant do that online. and no you cant use it other places like mcdonalds or taco bell, it has no visa or mc logo... it's an electronic check card that "debits" your account.

however you decide to use this information is up to you, but i've given you a legitimate path to shaving at least $1.75 each Top-Up card. If you buy them in this manner when they're on sale for $33 and change, you save even more. To be polite... "You're welcome."

as for switching your plan to the $25 version, that was ability was turned off a bit ago.

pl28

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
if you own a Discover Credit card and enrolled in Cash Back Bonus, you can trade in your cash back for Gift cards to Kmart (Lands End). I usually trade my $40 cash back credit to get a $50 Gift card where I got buy Top up cards at Kmart. that savings of 20%

TopUpGeek

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Now T-Mobile Prepaid and many more Mobile Phone Cards , STEAM cards and UGC as well as Refill PIN's are available to buy online! I seen new digital delivery auctions on Dibuu few sellers offer them for real good price. Also seen on 4saleusa store and Netstrada.com which got iTunes Certificates emailed as well as AT&TGo reload, Verizon nor Virgin Mobile TopUp .