root fire wall app broken my lil optimus v :(

skyrim420

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm starting this tread because I don't know where else to turn and I really hope someone here can help me or point me in the right direction. I was loving root firewall keep all my ads gone. I ran outta space so I decided to clean up some memory I disabled it, cleared data and uninstalled. Rebooted my phone to find out my ads were blocked still. I said wtf literally. I I even went as far as factory resetting my phone and having to reroot the zv9 with jcase rootzip. Well sad story is my ads are still disabled when on websites there's just a lil blue box and YouTube is full of failed to load web page where the ad is on their website. I wrote the dev of the app never heard anything back. I don't know what my choices are. Yes I'm ad free which is good but I enjoy seeing new advertisements from time to time, what can I do to fix this. Thanks.

P.S if I'm basically screwed cause it screwed my hardware up juat say so id rather know so I can go to best buy in the morning for something like the elite its only $100 on sale this wk. Cheaper than this ov I bought last year for $180

Last edited:

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
You bought an Optimus V for $180 dollars ?!!
Now THATS getting screwed!
As far as your other issue, Really makes no sense?!?
You can't possibly eliminate every single add from everything no matter what app
why would you consider a factory reset after rooting anyway?!
You root then do a recovery then back up

Phatninja55

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The phones not broken. It's your host file, apps add lines to the host file to remove ads. Uninstalling the app will not remove the new lines from the host file. if you wipe everything then reinstall zv9 you should be fine.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
You bought an Optimus V for $180 dollars ?!!
Now THATS getting screwed!
As far as your other issue, Really makes no sense?!?
You can't possibly eliminate every single add from everything no matter what app
why would you consider a factory reset after rooting anyway?!
You root then do a recovery then back up

I bought mine for 200 when it first came out. When you do get this all sorted out, use AdAway. Never had a problem and never seen an ad since installing it.

Just reflash the zv9 update is my recommendation. Then root, and install a ROM if you'd like.

Tapatalk? from my Optimus V

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
What they said. Unbreakable phone. Our phone weakness is water, and heavy impact. Flashing, it can handle :p

I got my for 200 as well. :D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
What they said. Unbreakable phone. Our phone weakness is water, and heavy impact. Flashing, it can handle :p

I got my for 200 as well. :D

WOW!!
This is interesting....i suppose when the initial release(as with everything else)---but paid $70 new in-store around the holidays last year;)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513