$25 plan toast?

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't vm have said something already? November is only a few Weeks away

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Indeed. I thought under the new terms of service, if VM changes any of the terms, including plans, they would give us a 90-day window of notice?

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Indeed. I thought under the new terms of service, if VM changes any of the terms, including plans, they would give us a 90-day window of notice?

Perhaps they are planning on giving notice in November. Or, perhaps, that customer service rep who started all of this had no idea what he was talking about.

This space intentionally left blank.

AQAA

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps they are planning on giving notice in November. Or, perhaps, that customer service rep who started all of this had no idea what he was talking about.

You are 100% right, he could have just tossed this out to get rid of my call.

Surprised no one else have tried calling cs to see if they get the same or a different answer.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
You are 100% right, he could have just tossed this out to get rid of my call.

Surprised no one else have tried calling cs to see if they get the same or a different answer.

I'm not really worried about it. The only thing I could do would be to switch service providers, and that would require investing in a new phone, which I'm not ready to do right now. I've paid $35 before, it's not going to bother me too much to pay it again.

niftypixel

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about the claims but sheetz in my area does not and will not be getting more $25 top up cards. I tried 3 locations....crappp. I'll be moving to straight talk family if this is the case :/

This entire month I only used 169mb data and 117 minutes ... I don't want to pay 35 for something I barely used! :(

Sent via AC on my OV Harmoniously

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about the claims but sheetz in my area does not and will not be getting more $25 top up cards. I tried 3 locations....crappp. I'll be moving to straight talk family if this is the case :/

This entire month I only used 169mb data and 117 minutes ... I don't want to pay 35 for something I barely used! :(

Sent via AC on my OV Harmoniously

Same here. I guess if straight talk kicks me of for using to much data i can always switch back to virgin since i won't have anything to lose if they cancel my 25 dollar plan

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Straight Talk's $30 (cheapest) plan gives you 1000 minutes, 1000 texts, and 30MB of data. To get anything comparable to Virgin, you'll need their $45 plan...and unless you plan on switching to a dumbphone, the $45 plan is what you'll need for a smartphone, which you will also have to purchase. $35 is still a steal for the service we have.

Also, for the comment on a store not stocking the $25 cards, this is and has been pretty much a common practice. Virgin still has yet to say anything about this.

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Straight Talk's $30 (cheapest) plan gives you 1000 minutes, 1000 texts, and 30MB of data. To get anything comparable to Virgin, you'll need their $45 plan...and unless you plan on switching to a dumbphone, the $45 plan is what you'll need for a smartphone, which you will also have to purchase. $35 is still a steal for the service we have.

Also, for the comment on a store not stocking the $25 cards, this is and has been pretty much a common practice. Virgin still has yet to say anything about this.

I agree with you but virgin Mobile is so slow. I only get around 260kb download speed which isn't enough to stream much. Now if this whole thing is a hoax and we will be able to keep our 25 dollar plan then I will continue to put up with the slow speeds.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
The $25 plan was almost a gold mine for me. Incredibly cheap service that did what i needed too

If it goes away I may just switch carriers

To get anything comparable to Virgin, you'll need their $45 plan...and unless you plan on switching to a dumbphone, the $45 plan is what you'll need for a smartphone, which you will also have to purchase. $35 is still a steal for the service we have.
$45 o Straight Talk is unlimited Talk, Text, and 2GB of data vs $55 on Virgin Mobile at this point Straight Talk looks like the better deal albeit by just $10.

economichitman

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Kroger (fred meyer) re-sells sprint mvno as iwireless. $25 a month for 200 min unlimited text and 200mb data. $40 for 1000 min unlimited text and 500mb data. They dont have very good phones though, the best are the optimus s and kyocera milano. Taxes make it more like $30 and $45 a month though

MidtownHD

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
No point staying with vm if the $25 plan is gone. If it happens, will go with tmobile $30 plan. The speed is fast enought to use groove ip/vonage for minutes. Good timing for the next Nexus.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
$45 o Straight Talk is unlimited Talk, Text, and 2GB of data vs $55 on Virgin Mobile at this point Straight Talk looks like the better deal albeit by just $10.

If you go full unlimited, yes. We were discussing the $35 Virgin plan, which only includes 300 minutes. Straight Talk is only a better "deal" if you are on Virgin's fully unlimited plan now, which this thread was not about.

demonknightdk

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
If they at least turn on voice roaming so I have service at the inlaws (which is only a 25 minute drive from where my wife I live now) I will be fine with being forced to pay more. Other wise, I'll probably jump ship to tmobile for 30 and have my pick of just about any phone on the market. I wish the CDMA companies would just start taking unlocked CDMA phones and allowing them on network. OR at least Sprint phones on virgin if they are clear IMEI/ESN/MEID numbers. I really liked the photon (i sell sprint, att, and UScellular at my work.) The electrify 2 is a beauty of a phone from USCell.