$25 plan toast?

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Dang. That means by the time the 32 GB Nexus 7 comes out, my plan will simultaneously jump to 35, leaving me with the decision to switch to t-mo's $30 per month on a $350 GNex, upgrade to a One V and stay on VM because I won't have any excuses not to, or stick with the OV and get the N7.... blah, I wanted to stay on the $25 longer.

AQAA

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I called to ask about putting a Triumph on my $25 plan, he said the $25 plan goes away for all users in Nov.
Also he said the coverage is being expanded for the phones, guess maybe they are switching it all to the Sprint towers, not sure exactly.

Still sucks!!

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Ive only been at 25 for the last month, so that sucks
But i have no problem paying $35 if my service is somewhat better,
I have yet to find a better deal

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
calm-down.jpg

Alright guys, until an official statement from Virgin is made, not just "they told me", but something in the form of a press release (because we all know their Twitter & Facebook jockeys are usually wrong), don't freak out. Virgin CS has been known to be wrong from all sides, phone support as well as social media.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
It wouldn't be surprising.

It's right on the time frame I expected it to happen as it would be right about 1 year since the plan changed. Honestly, you should be glad they left it as long as they did. With no contract, they could have pushed everyone to $35 all at once and there would have been nothing you could say about it.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It wouldn't be surprising.

It's right on the time frame I expected it to happen as it would be right about 1 year since the plan changed. Honestly, you should be glad they left it as long as they did. With no contract, they could have pushed everyone to $35 all at once and there would have been nothing you could say about it.

Damn, has it really been a year already? Doesn't seem like it at all.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
We don't need better coverage, but better speeds. With the way Sprint phones handle speed and downloads, its a disgrace.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
We don't need better coverage, but better speeds. With the way Sprint phones handle speed and downloads, its a disgrace.

Better speeds are coming, but they are also playing catch-up bigtime. I have recently seen increased speeds, not from measured benchmarks but simply from real-world use, noticing connectivity improvements. Check this site: http://network.sprint.com and see what's going on in your area

That being said, if it IS true, I welcome improved coverage. I've been dead-seat on moving away from Virgin, but if they can improve my coverage enough to become comparable to the other prepaid option (Straight Talk AT&T), I'd stay and probably grab the Rise.

economichitman

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

I stood side by side with my friend with a galaxy s3, and my download and upload speeds were better than his. Sprint's 3g network just sucks. CDMA is a crappy 3g technology and sprint definitely doesnt have the backbone to support higher speeds anyways. The towers are probably still on T1 lines.

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I stood side by side with my friend with a galaxy s3, and my download and upload speeds were better than his. Sprint's 3g network just sucks. CDMA is a crappy 3g technology and sprint definitely doesnt have the backbone to support higher speeds anyways. The towers are probably still on T1 lines.

With a virgin mobile optimus v?
What were each of your receptions?
Was the test done on the same server?
Doesnt virgin go through sprint?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
@Cole, although it may be faster speeds, Sprint's download speed was always slow, wasn't it?

I guess that's subjective. I'm not a whore for speed tests and benchmarks. I know that on good days I can stream Google Music from home to work, which is a 20-25 minute drive, with full drops in reception during the travel, and it's fast enough to buffer so that the drops in signal don't interrupt the music.

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
It looks like too many people kept their old phones on the 25 dollar plan forcing virgin mobile to just discontinue the plan altogether.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
It looks like too many people kept their old phones on the 25 dollar plan forcing virgin mobile to just discontinue the plan altogether.

Perhaps all of us who switched back to it through the loophole had something to do with it as well? That was such a strange scenario, I wonder why it happened? I'm thinking that it had to be a programming error.

This space intentionally left blank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21