Any options out there for me?

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I have been using Vm for 2 years now and since I only get one bar it's slow as hell but I've been justifying it due to the 25 dollar price. The speed is very spotty, sometimes pages will load quickly but if I move the phone by accident the signal gets worse and it will take a minute or two for one Web page to load.

Since my area only offers 2 choices of cable Internet at a high cost I am looking for a phone that could double as a high speed wireless hot spot. I've looked into virgin Mobile 4G in my area but there isn't any in a 50 mile radius. I've looked into tmobile but only 2g is offered in my area. I'm not sure about straight talk but I've heard they drop people for using data.

So am I stuck with such crappy speeds or is there another 4G carrier that I missed that is priced well? Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Is this phone you speak of, rooted,ROM'd?
if so have you tried stepping up the clock speed?
what size SD are you using? Do you have a lot of apps and/or background items running ?
Maybe needs a good "cleanup "

All these things could cause it to be slow just like a regular computer.
Give us a little more detail
thx

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Sorry i meant the internet is slow because i only get one bar while at home. Maximum 2 bars if i position the phone just right. But most of the time the Web pages just take forever to load.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Most effective method to improve your situation is to move to a better coverage zone. If that is not an option then your options are limited to none mobile solutions to improve signal reception without switching carriers. There are 2 options a signal repeater or a signal relay. A signal extender most people suggest actually requires a hard-line source for the signal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy