Black Friday

EpicSilver

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
There's no reason for the Rise to have its own section. There is no development for it (yet). It has a bootloader that is locked tighter than Knox. I've got something going on the back burner, but need to hear back from some others before I can continue.

That being said, it doesn't really need it. It's basically running vanilla ICS. You can get root if you need it.

Is the Rise better than the ov, if both were on stock. I mean hardware wise because i do to some extent game but i saw the reverb for $100 also

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Now I cant decide between the galaxy reverb or the triumph. They both have a front facing camera witch is a big thing for me (one of the main reasons I thought about getting the triumph)

Also the reverb is on ICS, thats awesome compared to the triumphs 2.2.2 froyo

Is the reverb a better choice?
I wouldn't even consider a Triumph, VM has greater phones for similar money (or less).

martinez41613

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Evo V is going to be $200 for tomorrow only I believe. I already ordered myself a Galaxy Reverb.

EDIT: The Evo V is $150 through Monday.

Last edited:

nudder

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Online for that price now. Also, go through Fatwallet.com and get $17.50 back on that price.

I'm sorely tempted although I've been putting off upgrading, or even sticking with VM because the service is getting so bad. Data speed is awful during most of the day and a crawl in the evening. I'd be happy with the threatened throttle rate most of the time.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Is the Rise better than the ov, if both were on stock. I mean hardware wise because i do to some extent game but i saw the reverb for $100 also

Absolutely. If you have the $100, the Reverb is probably better. But, $30 for the Rise blows the OV away on stock software, even blows away a rooted and ROMed OV.

saxrulez

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
CRAP! I was going to pick up a One V tomorrow, but now I see the reverb is also that price.... Any opinions between those 2? I am leaning towards the reverb now since they are both $100. 400 mhz faster processor, larger screen, more ram. Looks like I'm picking up a reverb now instead of the One V.

I picked up a Rise tonight as well for my wife. Just started playing with it tonight, but so far seems great. The GPS is VERY fast to turn on and get a lock. We both prefer the keyboard on it over the optimus slider as well.

Last edited:

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
The reverb looks nice
But i dont see any root or development for it

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

saxrulez

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Well I ordered a Galaxy Reverb for myself and bought a Rise for my wife from Target. The rise is a very noticeable improvement over her optimus slider and my optimus v.

I'll report back in a couple weeks once I've received my reverb and had her rise for a while longer.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I got the Razr Maxx on Alltel for $1 today :p lol. It's amazing. Could be good for you new Rise owners, I'm much less scared of bricking mine by trying things out now. :)

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I got the Razr Maxx on Alltel for $1 today :p lol. It's amazing. Could be good for you new Rise owners, I'm much less scared of bricking mine by trying things out now. :)

But the $1 requires a 2yr contract for $75 a month. I still think the Rise is a better deal at $30 and $35 a month no-contract.

learning2

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
The reverb looks nice
But i dont see any root or development for it

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Somebody on AndriodForums is now claiming to have rooted the Reverb. In general, the "rooting" forum for Reverb over there has been guys trying random roots for other phones, and they may have gotten lucky. (The mods have gone back and deleted posts where the ideas were particularly bad.) Mine's ordered, but not arrived, so no clue if it's a working root. Not even sure I want to be too quick in line to try--as much as I'd love to freeze bloatware even if there are no ROMs--I may watch for a while and then try when more people are successfully rooted.

topdawg661

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
But the $1 requires a 2yr contract for $75 a month. I still think the Rise is a better deal at $30 and $35 a month no-contract.

My upgrade cost $100 and now I spend 50 a month. Not totally bad except the fact the only ROM for this phone doesn't have WiFi working.

Compared to my OV 35 a month with what ever ROM your little heart wished :b

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

The Rise is a good deal if you want to stay on VM yes, but a phone like the RAZR MAXX with all the accessories for a buck is still a great deal. I wasn't saying that anyone should do this over staying with VM.

I was saying that me getting this phone may be good for you new Rise owners, I can try to develop without fear of bricking.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
My mom is about to move from T-Mobile from Virgin Mobile to from the G1 to the Galaxy Reverb. She wants to know if she can keep her number though. Anyone know?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The Rise is a good deal if you want to stay on VM yes, but a phone like the RAZR MAXX with all the accessories for a buck is still a great deal. I wasn't saying that anyone should do this over staying with VM.

I was saying that me getting this phone may be good for you new Rise owners, I can try to develop without fear of bricking.

Ahh I misunderstood and hope you do get something going with the Rise :)

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
My mom is about to move from T-Mobile from Virgin Mobile to from the G1 to the Galaxy Reverb. She wants to know if she can keep her number though. Anyone know?

Yes, number portability is required by law, you'll have to talk to Virgin/T-Mob about the specifics though.

PhillipBranch

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

I don't think they'll let you sense its a different carrier

Sent from LG Optimis V w/ BobZhomes GB Rom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome