Firefox Beta, now on Market for V!

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

Have that, and will definitely be using it... :) However, Firefox used to be the lean and mean browser that's customizable by the users with plugins and extensions--at least for the desktop PCs. 20.85MB seems to be excessively bloated when compared with other comparable Android browsers...

joelz

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. Working for me on Quattrimus beta. Seems to load pages a little faster. Scrolling and pinch zooming seem smoother than stock browser.

mhersh

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been using it for a month or two on BobZ's CM9. It looks a lot better than any other browser because it uses a much higher-quality downscaling algorithm. Not sure exactly what they're doing, but it appears to be more advanced than simple bilinear or bicubic scaling. It's very good about preserving gridlines at any scale, without even blurring them. This has long been a sticking point for me with all Android browsers, so I was really impressed. I'm honestly not sure how they made it look so good. Better than iOS, even.

The downside is that this comes at the cost of performance, which is only natural. I found rendering, zooming and scrolling to be significantly slower in Firefox than other browsers. The performance eventually drove me back to the stock browser.

Also, it zooms WAY too far when you double-tap. This really hurts usability.

Edit: I just checked the Play Store, and....it says it's incompatible. Very strange. I used it for quite a while before, even getting updates from Google Play. No idea what happened there. I still have the last version I installed on my phone, so quite sure I was not hallucinating. :p

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
What is so big and bad about having Firefox anyways? I mean, I'm sure it's fine for WindowsPC but our OV's ?!!
Naaaah...and wasn't meant to be anyway as mentioned.
X2 The File(even it it does work) is HUGE !

I thought Opera mini was the most popular to use for us.....I have never tried it. If I see some others' opinions on it I may try it.
:cool:

johnh02

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
The files not that big. Its about 20 mb once you get it started up and running. Its actually pretty cool because we can use that on the computer and our phone unlike Google chrome. I like it because of the add ons really.

Dolphin HD is good too :)
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
What theme are you using? Those don't look like stock ICS signal bars.

Tapatalk? from my Optimus V

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke