Fare-thee-well... (maybe?)

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Well let me start off with I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! Everyone here has taught me so much it is truly unbelievable. I was so happy to have been a part of this community, being able to see ics go from experimental to beta was a true sight to behold and now you're all starting a new path with JB. That is why I am sad to say that I will be leaving this wonderful community since I just purchased a one v for the wonderful cyber Monday price of 49.99. I still don't know what I'm going to do with my ov.... if I want to sell it or if I want to keep it to see how far development its going :) I hope this community continues to grow and "develop" ;) and I'll be popping in from time to time to see how all of you are doing. So excited to receive my one v :D wish me luck, I was taking a look at the rooting and Rom directions and they are so confusing -________- soooo once again, I love you all and thank you for the kindness and knowledge you've all shared with me!!!!! :D

Sent from my OV.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Well let me start off with I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! Everyone here has taught me so much it is truly unbelievable. I was so happy to have been a part of this community, being able to see ics go from experimental to beta was a true sight to behold and now you're all starting a new path with JB. That is why I am sad to say that I will be leaving this wonderful community since I just purchased a one v for the wonderful cyber Monday price of 49.99. I still don't know what I'm going to do with my ov.... if I want to sell it or if I want to keep it to see how far development its going :) I hope this community continues to grow and "develop" ;) and I'll be popping in from time to time to see how all of you are doing. So excited to receive my one v :D wish me luck, I was taking a look at the rooting and Rom directions and they are so confusing -________- soooo once again, I love you all and thank you for the kindness and knowledge you've all shared with me!!!!! :D

Sent from my OV.

If you are planning on flashing roms right away, don't even root. Just unlock the bootloader and flash away. Unfortunately, my one v is screwed. Sdcard slot quit working and I have no system installed. I've been trying to get it working but I can't and I'm about to give up. Have fun with the one v :)
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Android Central Forums

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
If you are planning on flashing roms right away, don't even root. Just unlock the bootloader and flash away. Unfortunately, my one v is screwed. Sdcard slot quit working and I have no system installed. I've been trying to get it working but I can't and I'm about to give up. Have fun with the one v :)
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Android
Central Forums
Wait... it's possible to just flash a rom on a HTC phone by merely unlocking the bootloader? What about backing up the phone's original os and replacing the recovery mode? I'm fairly sure those tasks require rooting the phone.

joey92

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I also bought the one v and i fell in love with it. I still have 2 OV's sitting on my desk and i still play with them. Its sad to see such a good phone getting left behind and it being the first android phone i started with and learned from.
I was taking a look at the rooting and Rom directions and they are so confusing -________-
It really isnt that bad just take a look at this if you need any help just pm me

Last edited:

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Well i was pretty satisfied with the stock rom for a while (since tuesday) but im itching to put something new on it :D i have to RUU back to the old radio though otherwise I cannot flash anything. Wish me luck!!! :)

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I still use the optimus v and the phone is not getting left behind, you are leaving the phone behind.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Wait... it's possible to just flash a rom on a HTC phone by merely unlocking the bootloader? What about backing up the phone's original os and replacing the recovery mode? I'm fairly sure those tasks require rooting the phone.

No, it only requires unlocking the boot loader. Then all you do is fast boot flash the recovery. No root needed at all.

Sent from my PG8600 using Android Central Forums

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Well i was pretty satisfied with the stock rom for a while (since tuesday) but im itching to put something new on it :D i have to RUU back to the old radio though otherwise I cannot flash anything. Wish me luck!!! :)

If you can't get ruu working, I have a solution. Its how I unbricked mine :D. Feel free to pm me.

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I still use the optimus v and the phone is not getting left behind, you are leaving the phone behind.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I didn't say anything about leaving it behind. I've decided to keep it and use it as an mp3 player. I love it too much to sell it :)

Sent from my AOKP JB One V.

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
If you can't get ruu working, I have a solution. Its how I unbricked mine :D. Feel free to pm me.

I got the ruu to work. :) now running aokp with supersick :D but i wouldn't mind knowing how you unbricked your phone. I'll pm you :) thanks sellers :D

Sent from my AOKP JB One V.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae