ssiebor14

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Okaywell since I can't get help with boot sounds on cm7.2 iho by surfing the web and even on xda forums they could not help me. I did what was said and such even used jerryscripts boot flashable zip but after I try to put a custom audio in there. It does, I repeat doesn't work. Can someone help me I want boot sound. :(

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok figured it out.
The ability to play boot sounds is not activated in CM7 based roms. You have to run a script that will enable this function on CM7 based roms. I remember somebody posting this a short while back but it wouldnt work for me. Apparently the sound file I was using was not named properly.

I found a tutorial on CMforums about how to do this. Tested it and everything works great.

This is what you do.

It says the audio can only be about 15 seconds but Im using a 30 second clip and everything is working. Here is what Im using currently. sorry for the blurry video guess the flipcam doesnt like recording video from a mobile device :(.

ETA I posted the script from my dropbox. The original link is dead. If you have any problems getting it let me know.

If your having trouble getting sounds to play this should fix the problem.