Can't decide what to upgrade to!

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I have always loved apple for how fast the and fluid the phone can be but always hated the fact that its closed sourced and everything I mean I do still love android but they dont have a phone that I know runs as fluid as iOS and hate/can't stand lag. I am on it now and really don't mind the screen size as much as I thought I would after using the Htc One X for about 2 weeks with the 4.7 inch screen. Maybe android will become more fluid and fast without becoming so simple. Don't get me wrong I don't mind it being simple but when ever they jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 I'm going to download dreamboard it's they 2ed best thing to flashing a rom on android I guess + a lot of friends have iPhone or iPod touches so I get to use iMessage and its a lot like the old BBM

Also I know I'm going to keep my iPhone 4S since the people at bestbuy got rude with me -.- (Not the guy helping me but the manager that has to sign off on the return since it was my second return 1.)Motorola Atrix HD then 2.) Htc One X)

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I have always loved apple for how fast the and fluid the phone can be but always hated the fact that its closed sourced and everything I mean I do still love android but they dont have a phone that I know runs as fluid as iOS and hate/can't stand lag. I am on it now and really don't mind the screen size as much as I thought I would after using the Htc One X for about 2 weeks with the 4.7 inch screen. Maybe android will become more fluid and fast without becoming so simple. Don't get me wrong I don't mind it being simple but when ever they jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 I'm going to download dreamboard it's they 2ed best thing to flashing a rom on android I guess + a lot of friends have iPhone or iPod touches so I get to use iMessage and its a lot like the old BBM

Also I know I'm going to keep my iPhone 4S since the people at bestbuy got rude with me -.- (Not the guy helping me but the manager that has to sign off on the return since it was my second return 1.)Motorola Atrix HD then 2.) Htc One X)

It's happening that's why I jumped ship. If you look at Nexus 7 4.2 if things are coded properly we are definitely around iOS 5 like smoothness. The Android industry knows 2013 has to deliver not only kickass features but rock solid stability and ultra smoothness. This is why Samsung is ahead but the others won't be standing still... Sony and HTC have made good improvements with 4.0 and HTC a lot of improvement with 4.1.

On the other hand in 2013 I don't see Apple coming out with anything really spectacular hardware or software wise, look at the iPhone5. Nice but nothing outstanding.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Don't get me wrong I did really like the Htc one x it was a lot better then the Htc inspire I owned for a while last year and know and droid has came so far my first android was the Motorola backflip with android 1.5 so I do see could far its come but I tired of waiting and really just need a phone I could rely on for then a phone that has so much potential but still being held back by small things. I will try android again for my main phone in the next year or two if I get sick of this phone but right now I'm happe with it. So far today I have had 4 hours of usage with 52 mins with the screen on and still have 80% battery life with most of that screen time being on the internet, and the last time that happened was when I had the Razr Maxx

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Jumped into this thread late but my. 02 I jumped the Apple ship after four years. Sure I still have iTunes on my pc and use it for some music but with android being so easy to transfer files I now use a plethora of services for music. Sure the iPhone is a bit more fluid but with JB its very close now. Texting and keyboards can be just as fast on Android as the iPhone, just find the right messaging app and keyboard and you'll get used to it.

Battery drain on the s3; play with the settings and read the forums I've gotten decent time out of mine with some tweaks.

With all the customization and tweaks you'll find the right balance and might even become faster than your friends on their iphones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Oh and the iPhone 5s or 6 is rumored to only have a small upgrade and come in different colors. Woo hoo! (sarcasm)

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I just got the iPhone 4S yesterday and don't really mind it at all and I have had the iPhone 3G and iPhone 4 also but for the most part I have been with android since 2010 and given android so many chances to get better and don't really see much different in change in the last few years with iOS or android and as I said before I will give android another chance but right now I'm fine with the 4S sure I'm going to miss NFC,Roms, and the large screens with HD display but when it comes down to it I just want a phone I don't have a mess with for hours/days to find out how to get it to run fast and get better battery life. My iPhone 4S came with iOS 6.0.1 and have Extraordinary battery life compared to the One X I returned

I Attached a screenshot. The screens been on for over three hours just today with two hours being web browsing 35 minute phone call while on the Internet and 40 minutes of texting. Compared to the one X the battery would have been dead around noon today after being taken off the charger near 7 o'clock this morning And I still have 20% left & that will last me another 2-3 hours. And keep in mind this is extreme usage I've been on the phone for well over three hours when normal uses only 1 to 2 hours for an entire day. With the screen on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 14

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Plus Siri is actually really fast and simple eliminating need to download simple apps like a weather app. I just hold the home button Siri asks what I want to say simple command and it only takes like five seconds to get. See

- - - Updated - - -

Plus Siri is actually really fast and simple eliminating need to download simple apps like a weather app. I just hold the home button Siri asks what I want to say simple command and it only takes like five seconds to get. See

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 12

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

That looks familiar, oh wait it looks like Google Now.

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
That looks familiar, oh wait it looks like Google Now.

Funny you mention that Siri came out before Google now. Siri's been around now for a few years as Google now has only just come to existence in the jellybean update.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Funny you mention that Siri came out before Google now. Siri's been around now for a few years as Google now has only just come to existence in the jellybean update.

Maybe in pho e function it did but Google has been playing with voice commands/searches way before Siri. In fact so has M$.

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
After having used Siri, S Voice, and Google Now, I'd have to say Siri is the best. I prefer the conversation style and personality of Siri.
Galaxy S3 is my phone of choice because of the 4.8" 720p screen, LTE, alongside a plethora of Samsung/Jellybean features. And it was $32.
The iPhone 4S is amazing with the retina display, HSPA+, fluidity and iOS optimization. I've said it before but I'll Android will just never be at the optimization level of iOS.
iOS is slick out of the box.
Android requires some tinkering and playing before it's just right.
However, tinkering is definitely for me. For a lot of others, it's not.
That's my stance.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't agree with that. Look at where android was a few years ago to where it is now. Optimization will get there it just takes time.

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Maybe in pho e function it did but Google has been playing with voice commands/searches way before Siri. In fact so has M$.

Apple has had voice commands pretty much since day one so I don't understand what point you're trying to make?

Don't being an ass. Android is great but I don't believe it is the best at this current time I understand your big android fan justhow you're acting. But in my mind apple is slightly ahead of android. I'm not a die hard apple fan or anything but can't stand people like you. I like both android and iOS.

- - - Updated - - -

Apple has had voice commands pretty much since day one so I don't understand what point you're trying to make?

Don't being an ass. Android is great but I don't believe it is the best at this current time I understand your big android fan justhow you're acting. But in my mind apple is slightly ahead of android. I'm not a die hard apple fan or anything but can't stand people like you. I like both android and iOS.

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Well by optimization I meant that iOS is designed for one phone line and one phone line only while Android is more of a general software.

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't agree with that. Look at where android was a few years ago to where it is now. Optimization will get there it just takes time.

I've had android primarily the entire time since 2010 and see how far it's come. I've been android user since android 1.5 but Apple seems to be more smooth and fluid then android has since the day I got it.

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Well by optimization I meant that iOS is designed for one phone line and one phone line only while Android is more of a general software.

That's one reason I like apple. Look at the Optimus v we never got one update from Virginmobile or LG while I know I can get at least 4 year of updates just by looking at the iPhone 3GS they are still updating a phone that is from 2009

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
That's one reason I like apple. Look at the Optimus v we never got one update from Virginmobile or LG while I know I can get at least 4 year of updates just by looking at the iPhone 3GS they are still updating a phone that is from 2009

The optimus did get a update but it a security fix (still a update). Plus it's EOL so a software update is impractical.

One of the reasons why android was lagging was due to the hardware it was running on or the bloat carriers put on it. While Apple forced carriers not to add any bloatware. Plus it's easier to design software for a single phone than for a hundred phones.

Sent from Curiosity on Mars.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Not being an ass. I had the 3,3gs, and 4, uh no they did not have voice commands, day one uh. Don't think so.

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to create tension or say you're wrong we're all just stating our opinions here.
iPhones are great for certain reasons just likes Androids are great for certain reasons as well.
This Galaxy S3 is my dream phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Press hold the home button until VoiceCommands comes up it's been on the iPhone 3G 3GS and four I've had the iPhone 3G and four and both of them had it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci