Amazon app store.

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks, I know this is more like a statement or an observation than anything else. But, has anyone noticed how bloated the Amazon app store has become? It used to work fairly well and now it will hardly run. This wouldn't be a problem except that I have paid for apps on there (not to mention the free apps of the day that I use) that will not work if you remove the app store.

Anyone have any ideas? I tried reinstalling an old version. But it then continuously downloads the update APK to the SD card and I wind up with 10 8mb apk files that need deleted.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

svimes

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi groo79,

I did notice that the last update of the Amazon App Store on my OV makes it virtually unusably slow. I haven't noticed a problem with just leaving it running in the background so that all of the apps I've gotten from them still work. But updating or adding new apps is going to be difficult. I keep meaning to send them feedback about this but I haven't gotten around to doing it yet. Thanks for reminding me.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
It runs slow on my Nexus, so I can imagine how horribly it would run on the OV.

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 4 using Tapatalk?

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Yep. Has always run slow even on wifi. Even on my note 2 it runs slow. Their latest updates have helped but they need a little better improvement. Imagine those with a slower processor.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
It runs slow on my Nexus, so I can imagine how horribly it would run on the OV.

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 4 using Tapatalk?

It's pretty much unusable over 3g. And really slow on wifi. Grrr.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski