3G data connection always points to Virgin Mobile web site ! WTF ?!

DrGERTol

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I sold a friend an unopened new-in-box LG Optimus V from Fall 2011 recently.

She needed to have her current number ported to VM, so called VM to have the phone activated.

Somehow they (VM) screwed up the activation: voice & text work fine on the phone, and 3G connects, too.

Only problem: whenever she tries to do anything data-related with the 3G connection, the only (web) site the phone recognizes is VM's !
Open a browser (any browser), it goes right the VM's web site. Try a different URL address, it goes right back to VM's web site.
Open the Google Play Store, Facebook, Yahoo Mail, Google Mail, Google Maps, etc., it times out (can't find those addresses).

Now, turn off 3G & make a WiFi connection: Internet works great -- browse anywhere & networks apps work like they're supposed to.

WTF ?

She tells me that VM has had her re-run the Activation app, turn the phone off & remove the battery, & toggle the Airplane mode multiple times, all to no avail.

Anyone out there seen this before ?
Whose problem is this: the phone's, VM's or Sprint's ?

My nearly-two-year-old Optimus V works fine & have only the usual issues with VM/Sprint's 3G coverage in our area.

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like VM's screw up. Call them again and make sure your friend has the right plan with VM. A smart phone plan. I know it sounds ridiculous but this happened to my sister and her boyfriend in the same month last summer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

maddpiratekidd

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
You have the redirect of death, tell them to reset your account, im told it's caused by a billing cycle error in their system. But it's rare. I had this for 2 months before they could fix it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

maddpiratekidd

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Also. Make a fuss with out getting upset and they should credit your account for the time it wasn't working. :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane