Virgin Mobile is a complete joke

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven't really posted in this form very often in the last few months because I am no longer with virgin mobile but I have to use the Optimus V for a hotspot. Today I found out service was suspended in this is why. also just for a note I started up service back in August for the hotspot on the optimus v. Is what virgin mobile telling me. you will need to scroll to the bottom to start the email and work your way up.

this is my second reply with nothing back yet.

Hello I've only had service since I believe July 2012 can you please explain to over 500 dollars was credited to the account that makes absolutely no sense to me. I only really use the phone for a GPS and phone calls now. Also I have only had 3 real credits to the account. First you people double charged me and I was credited for that. 2 Because of the double charge they let me change my number for free. And since they couldn't figure out why I was having issues with call, texts,and internet they reset my plan. Lastly I was living in an area with an outage and was told that when this issues stopped to call and I would be compensated for the outage and I was for $35. It's not my fault you people have a bad network now is it? As you can see I'm now on AT&T and was using the phone for a GPS what's going on and how did you get $502.25? That's well over 9 months of service on the $55 plan and I have only had you people 4 months and surely don't have a $300 account balance Sent from my HTC One? X, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Hello I've only had service since I believe july or August 2012 can you please explain to over 500 dollars was credited to the account that makes absolutely no sense to me. Sent from my HTC One? X, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

----- Reply message -----From: "Fraud Alerts [PPD]" <FraudAlerts@virginmobileusa.com> To: "emburybrett@yahoo.com" <emburybrett@yahoo.com> Subject: Suspended Date: Thu, Dec 13, 2012 4:47 PM

In order to resolve your issue, you will need to pay back for all the credit given to your account and start paying for service. The last payment on your account was for 55.00 dollars in August, and you have received 502.25 worth of credits. We will need you to pay those credits back via top up cards and start paying for service. We have also pulled your call records and the service is working fine. You have abused our credit system and we will not reinstate service until the above is taken care of

Regards,

Luisa Duenas | Finance | Sprint Pre-Paid Group

Fraud Alert Team

Prepaid Unlimited Cell Phone Plans | Android | Smartphone | Broadband | Virgin Mobile

P Please consider the environment before printing this email

From: emburybrett@yahoo.com [mailto:emburybrett@yahoo.com] Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2012 4:24 PM To: Fraud Alerts [PPD] Subject: Suspended

Hello I would love to know why my phone is suspended I just got off the phone with your technical support tier 3 and they said I would need to email you I have no damn clue of why I need to email fraud department with you guys. This is completely and utterly ridiculous. Number 843******* & pin number ******

Sent from my HTC One? X, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

This e-mail may contain Sprint Nextel proprietary information intended for the sole use of the recipient(s). Any use by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies of the message.

Last edited:

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Nothing. I have been using it as a hotspot and have had issue and only had one real account credit of $35 because of an outage in my area other then that I had one account credit because they double charged my card. And out of the blue my internet shut off and I tried to make a call to see if ot was another outage but it called there 1800 number and spend a few hours on the phone till I sent to the tech team and they told me to email that.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Have you ever received any replacement devices or device credits? There has to be more to the story here. Are you willing to post their response to the latest message you sent them?

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
The BBB will know about this as I'm sick of VirginMobile and Sprint. And I'm happy to post updates on this as soon as I get them I don't know long this will take as I only can email then and it took 17 emails to get a single email back. This phone has never been replaced and I don't even think ts under warranty as I got it used on eBay. And what are device credits?

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Have you ever received any replacement devices or device credits? There has to be more to the story here. Are you willing to post their response to the latest message you sent them?

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

I would also take a screenshot of the account with credits and my top ups but guess what? Now I can't even sign in to have proof that I didn't have all the credits they are saying. Something tells me that this isn't the first time they did this for a payout

I am editing the email to add my second reply to them.

Last edited:

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you ever received any replacement devices or device credits? There has to be more to the story here. ...

... I got it used on eBay. And what are device credits?

I agree with Cole... you may not have received a replacement phone, but the previous account owner probably did and never return the supposedly replaced phone as required. I believe now VM is holding you responsible for the replacement phone charge(s)--aka, device credits. In VM's eyes and balance sheets, your phone is stolen and was never paid for...

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Cole... you may not have received a replacement phone, but the previous account owner probably did and never return the supposedly replaced phone as required. I believe now VM is holding you responsible for the replacement phone charge(s)--aka, device credits. In VM's eyes and balance sheets, your phone is stolen and was never paid for...

so how much money do they charge for the replacement device thats like 5 replacements to the balance? Plus it's not even my fault I don't understand how they would get that begin with a new account.

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
so how much money do they charge for the replacement device thats like 5 replacements to the balance? Plus it's not even my fault I don't understand how they would get that begin with a new account.

VM is probably using and seeking the original full MSRP--not the current market value--of the replacement phone(s). The perpetrator might also have used a stolen credit card to rack up several months of top-up charges before the credit card company finally caught up with the fraud and reversed the charges paid to VM. They're now stuck with those reversed charges, along with the cost of the stolen phone(s), so VM is going after you--the current possessor of the offending phone. There may also be interest and penalty charges associated with the collection process. They don't know--and don't care--whether you're the original owner/perpetrator or not. Anyone could have easily signed up for an account with any false identity, and that ID info along with its phone number could also be readily changed at will online. VM seeks retribution only from the person holding the phone with the offending IMEI/ESN/MEID number according to their records. This is one of the risks when purchasing secondhand phones online--the unsuspecting buyer may be unknowingly implicated--and could still be even prosecuted regardlessly--with the possession of stolen goods. If you, or anyone else, are in VM's situation, you would be doing the exact same thing to try to recoup the loss--no joking matter, serious business here.

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had Virgin Mobile on and off ever since 2010 and never had an issue like this. I also only buy used phones to on top of that and have never had 1 thing turn out like this. I bought the phone off ebay so I know exactly the person that I bought it from so anything would come back on me I would show I would have proof of where I got it

- - - Updated - - -

I've had Virgin Mobile on and off ever since 2010 and never had an issue like this. I also only buy used phones to on top of that and have never had 1 thing turn out like this. I bought the phone off ebay so I know exactly the person that I bought it from so anything would come back on me I would show I would have proof of where I got it

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I can understand you're upset, but I wouldn't say it is exactly cool to come in here and post your horror story until you have both sides. It's just unfortunate more than anything that it's so hard to talk to somebody that knows what they're talking about, can look up the proper information, and help you figure out what went on.

Just keep escalating your issue. Don't even bother talking to the first person that answers Tell them you want it escalated, and the next person you get in touch with, do the same thing, or see if you can contact this 'Fraud' department directly. Remember to stay calm, yelling and cursing at them won't get you anywhere. Let us know how it goes.

blackcaneaddict

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Ugh. This really makes me want to check my account to make sure they haven't been crediting my account as well. My last payment for my Virgin Mobile BlackBerry was in May of this year and im still getting emails about it now. Most of them have been a reminder to pay my bill but since I've not used it for months now I guess need to end it now via vms website.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I can understand you're upset, but I wouldn't say it is exactly cool to come in here and post your horror story until you have both sides. It's just unfortunate more than anything that it's so hard to talk to somebody that knows what they're talking about, can look up the proper information, and help you figure out what went on.

Just keep escalating your issue. Don't even bother talking to the first person that answers Tell them you want it escalated, and the next person you get in touch with, do the same thing, or see if you can contact this 'Fraud' department directly. Remember to stay calm, yelling and cursing at them won't get you anywhere. Let us know how it goes.

I have been trying to talk to them. Virgin Mobile said that I only can talk to them now and still have yet to get another email back. I was also told they have no set hours and they can only be contacted from email. I was going to use this phone for a GPS on a 1600 mile drive(800miles there and back)but now going to have to use my HTC One X and have to pay $15 for another GB of data to AT&T.
The only thing I miss about virginmobile is the fact it was unlimited data but I don't miss the max speed of 700KBps. At least with AT&T HSPA+ I can get 7 Mbps down and 1.5 Mbps up. Sadly no LTE yet.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Something just doesnt feel right about this. There is something not being told by one of the parties. I have a feeling you were scammed by the ebay seller. Plus if you were going to use it for a gps for a road trip and hotspot..well you dont deserve to be charged erroneously but that is not the type of service you are paying for. /shrug I hope it works out in the end. I would start trying to contact the seller on ebay.

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
If they don't drop it I will just buy that cheap android with qwerty keypad for. $20 from virginmobile and just start new service for the hot spot. Plus there are no SSN for virginmobile you only really need your zip code for the number. I did have some info on the account but I wasn't updated and all the info was wrong on the account. They really just piss me off but it's cheaper to have this then to pay time warner cable or HTC ( local tv internet cable provider) To come out and install internet for $200 plus $15 for 1Mbps down and up. Or $35 for 20Mbps down and 1 mbps up. Internet down here in MyrtleBeach sucks. InIndiana you can get 30 mbps down and 15 mbps up for $30.

economichitman

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
If they don't drop it I will just buy that cheap android with qwerty keypad for. $20 from virginmobile and just start new service for the hot spot. Plus there are no SSN for virginmobile you only really need your zip code for the number. I did have some info on the account but I wasn't updated and all the info was wrong on the account. They really just piss me off but it's cheaper to have this then to pay time warner cable or HTC ( local tv internet cable provider) To come out and install internet for $200 plus $15 for 1Mbps down and up. Or $35 for 20Mbps down and 1 mbps up. Internet down here in MyrtleBeach sucks. InIndiana you can get 30 mbps down and 15 mbps up for $30.

Thats a great deal compared to here in Seattle. I pay comcast cable $72 a month for 12mbps down 2 up. Qwest DSL only offers 1.5 down and .768 up for nearly the same price.

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
sorry i never updated this but i called virgin mobile and asked them to close the number they said they couldn't "close" the line but they did after that i used the over the phone activation and it worked and fine now. its been working since Jan.20.2012. have benn using it as a hot spot on and off.

Garrett92C

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

You really should just get proper internet installed in your home. Abusing a phone service like that will only cause problems. I know they say it's "unlimited", but I can guarantee they have some restrictions in the fine print. Besides, cable internet will be amazingly fast compared to VM hotspot... Well worth the money.