How do i stop lattitude?

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
It seems that lattitude is always running in the background of my phone, witch seems to be hard on battery life.

I think i read a post some time ago that you need to sign into lattitude, then sign out. Well i signed in, now i can't figure how to sign out!

Any ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Try backing up the app with Titanium Backup. Delete the app, then just restore the app and data when you need to use it. When done, delete it. Etc.
That should help till you find a more permanent solution.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Try backing up the app with Titanium Backup. Delete the app, then just restore the app and data when you need to use it. When done, delete it. Etc.
That should help till you find a more permanent solution.

Thanks Andy, the lattitude app used to be separate, but now it's part of Google maps.

I guess i could freeze maps in titanium, but don't other apps or the os need maps to function properly?

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure but i might have got it, i deleted my location, turned off all settings that would enable my location.
I can't find any way to log out, hopefully i got it, guess i'll know soon enough.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I got the link to work, i'll fix it tomorrow, funny that link one of them directed me straight back to this thread.

Quick glance i think i can fix it, thanks for the link, gotta get to sleep get up 4:15am
Thank you, let you know tomorrow!

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Fixed link. Opera mini was the problem. Can't download zips and it can't copy links properly.

It is the only web browser that connects to web pages when my 3G is on the downswing during peak usage hours. The only reason it's still on the phone.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey, silly question: Do you know about "Periodic Auto Sync" ? You can set it to turn sync on as late as every 4 hours, and have it on for as little as one minute. That's the setting I normally use.
Granted it's just a bandaid, but it's the best bandaid around.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey, silly question: Do you know about "Periodic Auto Sync" ? You can set it to turn sync on as late as every 4 hours, and have it on for as little as one minute. That's the setting I normally use.
Granted it's just a bandaid, but it's the best bandaid around.

Yea Andy, that's on the top of my list for apps to dl.

I followed the directions in the link you gave me for disabeling lattitude. It says to go to maps click on lattitude, then press menu, friends list, hit menu again then scroll to the bottom and log out of lattitude, but i did that and theirs no option to log out.

I have everything disabled in lattitude, still runs in the background using battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae