Android calendar does not sync to laptop.

op t must

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Calendar stopped syncing when Daylight Savings Time started, March 9. 2nd year in row. Spent hours researching this, without a solution. Don't want to wipe data again... Look forward to responses and possible fix. Stock phone. calendar v. 2.2.1

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Phone off. Plug phone into computer. Turn phone on.
If that doesn't work go to the All Things Root Guide sticky and download and install the LG USB drivers (bottom of post).
Make sure phone is not plugged in. After they install restart the computer. Then plug in phone to finish install.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

op t must

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

First method didn't work for me.
Couldn't find the All Things Root Guide sticky on Androidcentral.com. Downloaded and installed lg vzw driver and B2Cappsetup support tool from lg site>optimus v link. Didn't work. Chose VM696. downloaded, installed drivers.

Performed steps numerous times. disabled, enabled Sync>Calendar still not syncing. Any other ideas?

op t must

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The fix was embarrassingly easy- Clear Data in Calendar and Calendar Storage. I found detailed instructions here for another calendar app: Problems with Google Calendar Syncing . The sync restarted immediately (in Optimus V time ;) and appointments which disappeared reappeared as I watched the beauty of operational Sync ronization!

I have number of individual calendars which allows for color coding by appointment function, which I suppose eats up the scarce phone memory. I've been thinking of dumping all of them back into one, but I'm more likely to remember this bug and fix when DST changes next time. Bonus: my daily one line temp forecast has returned, too!

My next challenge is to optimize phone memory, so I can run a music/radio app I had to deleted when getting the Low Memory warning. I have downloaded a measly 8 apps outside of Google "essentials", just 2 were okay-ed to run on SD card:p.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
To optimize memory-root, install flash_image, recovery, backup stock ROM, and Link2SD.
I have 103 apps downloaded and still have 120 something MB's left of the 178MB's on the internal storage because of Link2SD. Never get a low storage warning anymore.
For all guides to accomplish this go here: http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...all-things-root-guide-updated-03-11-13-a.html

PS: The MiRaGe ROM is the very best ROM for our phone (In case you decide to upgrade your stock ROM as well).

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums