Android Market/Google Play Store "connection error"

Eduardo Galvan

May 5, 2013
Visit site
So. I installed the ZV9 baseband upgrade, ended up with BobZhome CWM recovery and root. (2.2.2) When I launch Market (not Play Store yet.), I get an error. [Attention: A server error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen.] Then, I updated using a Play Store .apk. [Google Play .apk version 4.1.6] I get the stupid "No connection - Retry?". I have tried to find out how to fix this on Google, but to no avail. So please, try to help me. I miss my Play Store. :'(

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Have you thought about flashing the latest MiRaGe ROM and the 20110828 Gapps?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Eduardo Galvan

May 5, 2013
Visit site
But there's a problem with any ROM that I flash. In Android 4.0+ ROMs, I can sign in successfully, but I get either "No connection - Retry?" or "Server Error - Retry?". And on Gingerbread and Froyo ROMs, I get the well-known "Can't establish a reliable connection to the data server".
[Edit: 1:21 PM CST: I flashed the ROM, but I signed in via the YouTube method. I still got the Market "Server Error - Retry?" :'( ]

Attachments

• screenshot-20130613-021238pm.png
    screenshot-20130613-021238pm.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 175
  • screenshot-20130613-021258pm.png
    screenshot-20130613-021258pm.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
If this happens on every ROM and you have a good data connection then you have a problem with Google account.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
If you can get your backup app back(whatever it may be) and do a restore of the apps themselves NOT Data and see what happens. Like the Google Play Services thing may be causing conflicts...??
Was your SD card backed up onto a PC?
If so, just copy/paste the apk, zip, whatever.
To add, if youre sticking with mrg's ROM, don't forget to setup Link2SD and mount and link/re-link.
Good luck let us know;)

Eduardo Galvan

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Um...I don't backup apps for the simple fact that it ALSO backs up data. I do a clean, fresh flash each time with the Google Apps. [Today, in the morning, I was deleting the system .apk(s) like [TelephonyProvider.apk], because this was a phone that has NO SERVICE. [The ROM I am currently using is 4.2.2 The JBC alpha because I knew it wouldn't work in Froyo/Gingerbread, so I flashed this.] So, with me saying that I was deleting those apks, I had deleted MMS.apk, Bluetooth.apk, and more on. Then I was done. Suddenly, the Play Store decided to work. But, as it worked, I was running out of system space.

Eduardo Galvan

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Turns out my (p)ESN was screwed and so was my MEID and MDN. So, I used the Optimus M guide to fixing that. THEN, AND ONLY THEN HAD THE PLAY STORE WORKED. It was a pain, but I fixed it.